Topsoe’s catalysts are developed based on in-house fundamental research. Close collaboration between R&D and production during development, testing and production of our catalysts ensure that we supply the best possible product, which is continuously evaluated and tested.
The plant is located in Frederikssund 40 km from Copenhagen. Dr. Topsøe acquired the grounds in 1958 and the first charge of nickel catalyst was produced in 1963. Today the production site in Frederikssund employs 750 employees, runs 24/7 and has nine production units with 20 production lines in total.
The plant is located just outside Houston. The plant was built in 1971 and today the production facilities employ 150 people, runs 24/7 and has four production lines.