Our purpose ‘Perfecting Chemistry For A Better World’ is guiding us in our aim to be the global leader within carbon emission reduction technologies by 2024, leaving the world in a better shape for our future generations. As one of very few companies in this industry, Topsoe believes we possess both the expertise (our people) and technologies needed to do it. We also continue to seek new talent to join our growing team to realize this exciting vision.
We are now looking for two Senior Group Managers, to each lead a grouping of License Managers in two of our Topsoe product lines:
1. Ammonia & Methanol (A team of 9 Licensing Managers)
2. Hydroprocessing (HP) and eFuels (A team of 10 Licensing Managers)
You will be part of Topsoe’s Global Commercial division, reporting to our Snr. Director of Global Licensing and be part of the Global Licensing team, which consists of 30+ highly experienced licensing managers located globally.
To be successful in the job, you will need to bring an in-depth knowledge of the relevant technologies and the licensing commercial processes, including a good appreciation of the markets and industries within which these technologies are deployed.
You are able to interact at a senior management level within your own organization and also with important decision makers in customer’s organizations. You are willing to travel and operate across various time zones.
Topsoe offers you the opportunity to join a high motivated team working with cutting edge technology in the process engineering industry. You will ideally be based in our Denmark office in Kgs Lyngby, although other locations may also be considered for selected candidates.
Your key responsibilities:
- Secure annual relevant product line technology licence, engineering, HW and 1st fill catalyst sales (order in-take and revenue)
- Grow technology related business for relevant product line in line with securable market share
- Approve technology sales for a relevant product line transactions
- Optimize use of swim lanes and sales force, identify bottlenecks and perform day to day prioritization with relevant License Managers & Product Line Directors
- Recommend Sales Strategies per technology relevant product line for global and regional market.
- Leading and managing a team of licensing managers across regional and global boundaries
- Lead own sales opportunities within selected customers in relevant product line
- Develop technical and commercial competences of Licensing Managers within relevant product line
- Performance management of individual Licensing Managers
- Support and coach on key contractual negotiations and general sales process
- Help prepare rolling 12-18mo sales forecast (FCST) for relevant product line
- Prepare Sales Strategies per technology relevant product line.
- Technical knowledge of relevant Topsoe and competitor technology, hardware, service and catalyst product offerings
- Understanding of Topsoe’s digital solution offerings
- Superior understanding of the commercial propositions (price, gross margin, mark-ups, rates etc.) for each Product Line as provided by PLM’s and described in Hub
- Understanding of relevant market drivers (feedstock and product prices
- Superior commercial knowledge about proposal strategy, and contract details etc.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of Topsoe technology licensing principles
- Understanding of company’s legal frameworks and guidelines
- Good network and strong collaboration within Topsoe
- Customer knowledge and focus
- Strong people leadership skill
- Mentoring and coaching skills
A relevant BSc / MSc Engineering or Business Management degree is a prerequisite
Please contact Senior Licensing Director Eric Graham Van de Venter at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and professional colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in Danish or English and enclose a copy of your references. through our website www.topsoe.com.
January 31st, 2022
Please send the application as soon as possible, since we will review the applications and have the interviews on an ongoing basis.
Topsoe aims to be recognized as the global leader in carbon emission reduction technologies by 2024. As a world leader in electrolyzers, catalysts, and technology, we are heavily engaged in developing solutions for decarbonizing hard-to-abate sectors such as steel, cement, chemicals, shipping and aviation. Our solutions produce essential renewable energy carriers, fuels, and chemicals of the future, such as green hydrogen, green ammonia and eMethanol™. Our foundation is TopSEOs’s market-leading and energy-efficient technologies to produce chemicals and fuels. Topsoe is headquartered in Denmark and serves customers around the globe. In 2020, our revenue was approximately DKK 6.2 billion, and we employ around 2,200 employees.