EHS SAFETY ADVISOR
This position is needed for a catalyst manufacturing plant located in Pasadena, Texas.
The position is responsible for ensuring that the facility is in compliance with all applicable OSHA regulations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate safety activities, maintain OSHA required procedures and monitor the procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local safety regulations.
- Be visible as safety contact and interface with plant personnel to identify safety issues and to recommend / implement necessary corrective and improvement measures.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor safety procedures to ensure they are up-to-date and appropriately used.
- Lead / participate in incident investigation, safety audits, and other safety related activities.
- Responsible for maintenance, calibrations and repairs of portable LEL/O2 monitors.
- Responsible for scheduling annual physicals and assisting in the IH monitoring activities.
- Coordinate, facilitate / conduct employee safety training, including but not limited to new employee orientation, annual refresher training, and contractor training as needed.
- Perform daily collection, review of completed safe work permits and forklift inspection forms and address deficiencies as appropriate.
- Generate the non-routine procedures.
- Responsible for inspection and maintenance of all safety, environmental and emergency response equipment.
- Oversee plant fire protection system and plant communication (radio) system.
- Participate in CIMA and LEPC activities.
- Lead / participate and assist in all ERT functions.
- Participate in safety committee.
- Responsible for the weekly Tool Box topics.
- Participate and support plant continuous improvement activities to achieve and maintain a safety focused culture.
- Participate in plant's continual improvement under ISO9001 and RC14001.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- B.S. degree required.
- 3 to 5 years' experience in chemical manufacturing industry.
- Practical and working knowledge of OSHA regulations and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with all levels of plant personnel.
- Personal computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Experience in Behavior Based Safety, Voluntary Protection Program (VPP), TapRoot technique is a plus.