PRINCIPAL TECHNICAL SERVICE ENGINEER
This position will be deeply involved in analyzing plant process performance data and will be working in close collaboration with both our customers and internal organization to ensure optimal performance of renewable fuel plants across North America, so as units located globally. You will develop a good understanding of our catalyst products but will be working as a process expert with attention to the entire plant.
The area of renewable fuels is in rapid development, so you will be part of a team in North America that are your daily colleagues, but you will also have close collaboration with our organizations in Denmark and India, Russia spanning from engineering issues over technical services to our R&D efforts in clean fuels.
We focus on continuous learning and development of our employees. You will participate in relevant courses to promote your development as well as close collaboration with experienced colleagues. To support your development, the organization you will enter is transparent and open and offers an abundance of information sources on all relevant aspects of your work. Some travelling, primarily to customers in North America, shall be expected.
- Develop and maintain close contact with our customers
- Analyze data and information from running units to ensure optimal performance. Optimize and troubleshoot together with our customers when required
- Pre-feasibility studies on existing units and plants
- Support the internal organization with technical support and answer technical customer requests within your area
- Make sure that our products are always reflecting the developing needs of our customers and state of the art technical solutions. It will be your role to pass learnings further into the company organization and participate in their implementation
- Participate in commissioning, start-up activities and test-runs
- Travel between 40 to 60 days per year on technical service trips with a duration of typically one to two weeks
- Have a flexible and solution-oriented way of approaching people and tasks
- Demonstrate initiative as well as technical flair
- Are committed to your work, strive to make a difference and take ownership of own tasks
- Have excellent communication and teamwork skills and thrive in cross-cultural contexts
- Have flair for troubleshooting
- Are highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Are an eager learner of new material and take pleasure in on-the-job development
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, chemistry or similar.
- Preferably at least 8-10 years of process plus technical service experience from the refining industry, the edible oil industry or from similar positions where you have demonstrated strong process engineering skills preferable within an area relevant for renewable or fossil fuels production.
- Knowledge on equipment sizing and calculation; making engineering documentation such as PFD, PID, MSD etc.is a major requirement.
- Hydrotreatment affiliation is a prerequisite and knowledge and experience with corrosion and materials is an advantage.
- The tools available for most of your work will be based on PROII, HTRI or in-house Excel based programs. Good experience with Excel and engineering simulation software is a strong advantage.