PROCESS ENGINEER, PROJECTS 2021
This role supports Plant Project Engineering which handles larger (>$300,000 USD) Capital Project expenditures within the Bayport manufacturing facility. Engineer will function as a chemical engineer directly handling process design aspects and supporting project execution at any point from pre-project through construction and commissioning. The position will involve strong collaboration within the Bayport site and with the projects group in Denmark.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Provides process engineering support on various capital projects within the plant. Role requirements will vary based on capital project load and what stages they are in (Front-end design through construction).
2) Support development of front-end project scopes, estimates and schedules for early stage project approval.
3) Interface with operations, maintenance and various technical disciplines when developing and resolving issues with key project requirements.
4) Prepare or manage the generation of engineering package process documentation. Managing could entail interaction with EPC contractors or with project teams in Denmark.
5) Compliance with MOC process and validating drawing updates are made to plant files.
6) Manage construction activities as needed and provide support for any issues that arise.
7) Utilize SAP to generate purchase order requisitions and monitor project costs as required.
8) Ensures that all safety requirements are met by employees and contractors.
9) Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Five (5) years of work experience.
- Prefer experience in plant capital projects.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong computer skills.