Analytically minded, can deal with ambiguity and relate to people.
Do you have a passion for looking into the future; creating a value-added project portfolio forecast? Do you want to develop a robust forecasting process driving manpower and equipment planning and financial outlooks for Topsoe Technologies?
We now offer a unique position as Technology Project Demand Planner within the Global Integrated Planning Organization. As a Demand Planner, you will ensure that the sales demand forecast process is standard across all business units and deliver a demand plan used to produce supply and financial plans within the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process. The plans should provide clear insight into the future sales demands of the company identifying challenges and opportunities.
In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring communication of significant changes to the demand through the process for evaluation of additional planning needs. You will act as an important link between the Global commercial organization and supply planning and towards other business teams within the IBP Process.
You will be supporting our Product Line Managers and Sales Teams with a clear understanding of the projected demand forecast.
As this is a new position, you will be able to influence and shape the role further and you will become a key driver in improving one of our fundamental business processes linking sales to execution. You will report to the Head of Tech Planning and work closely with other Tech Planning team members.
Demand Sensing and Shaping is part of the job
- Generate demand plans which are consistently updated in a monthly cycle with demand data for relevant Technology business units 24 months ahead covering both actual orders and opportunities across the full project portfolio
- Contribute to the annual 5 Year forecasting process by use of market intelligence and statistical data and monitor and report on the performance to plan
- Interact with our Sales Teams during the sales process to ensure ongoing insight into the sales activities ultimately forming an input to the demand plan
- Ensure that requirements for new and innovative project technologies are integrated into the consensus demand signal
- Conduct quality assurance of the inputs provided by Sales into the demand plan in close cooperation with Sales and establish metrics to increase insights into the performance to plan and significant trends in the forecast. Through these metrics drive continuous process improvement and demand signal confidence
- Facilitate the monthly Demand Review Meeting as part of the IBP cycle
- Publish and transfer the demand plan to the supply planning process in a monthly cycle and contribute to balancing the demand and supply plans
- Maintain Project Master Data used for forecasting as well as ongoing sales processes and business analysis in close cooperation with our master data specialists
- Contribute to – and possibly drive parts of – the implementation of new system solutions currently planned to support the future execution of the IBP process.
Analytical networker and champion of continuous improvement
As our new Demand Planner you bring excellent analytical skills which include expertise in statistical data analysis and modelling. Since the demand planner role requires a collation of data from multiple sources to drive a consensus, excellent networking and interpersonal skills are also required.
Experience is key – and success in the role requires at least 3-5 years of practical experience from the Chemical Industry or similar - doing either demand or supply planning in a project / service environment. You have learnt how to leverage customer and sales intelligence and can use early warning indicators to mitigate demand risks.
Good computer skills are the glue that will hold it all together. Advanced Excel skills such as Vlookups, Pivot Tables, and Macros are necessary to link all the data together. Proficiency in SAP and Power Point will come in handy and it’s an advantage if you have experience in utilizing Sales Force.
Your personality traits are the most important. You are not afraid of voicing your opinions and lead from the front, bringing solutions, not problems. You make well-informed, effective and timely decisions, even when data is limited, or solutions produce unpleasant consequences. You visualize the total process and aid in locating problems and demonstrate effective use of information and gathering techniques, analysing situations, and identifying implications to make correct decisions.
April 27, 2021
Please contact Head of Tech Planning, Esben Christmas Norup, phone +45 22754322 if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references.
Haldor Topsoe is a global leader in supply of catalysts, technology, and services to the chemical and refining industries. Topsoe aims to be the global leader within carbon emission reduction technologies by 2024. By perfecting chemistry for a better world, we enable our customers to succeed in the transition towards renewable energy. Topsoe is headquartered in Denmark and serves customers around the globe. In 2020, our revenue was approximately DKK 6.2 billion, and we employ around 2,100 employees. www.topsoe.com.