Do you want to be part of an international design team?
Haldor Topsoe is the leading global supplier of sustainable process technologies and catalysts for refineries, and chemical processing plants – a position achieved through a unique combination of research, process design, sales, and production. We have set out to be recognized as the global leader in carbon emission reduction technologies by 2024.
We are looking for experienced process engineers to join our team of dedicated process design engineers. In this role you will work closely with leading technology experts on state of the art process design, process control and start-up activities for ammonia, methanol and hydrogen units globally. The positions are located at our headquarters in Lyngby, Denmark. You should expect 20-50 travel days per year.
Your area of responsibility will be:
- Process simulation, process control philosophy, PIDs and manuals on priority projects
- Support to customers during PID review, HAZOP, operator training and start-ups
- Handling of technical queries from customers during and after project execution
- Coordination of project activities with all relevant internal and external stakeholders, such as project managers, licensing managers, technology experts, and customers
- Cross-functional collaboration during project execution and on-site activities
- Mentoring and training of colleagues globally
- Facilitation of technical review meetings such as equipment and P&ID review
- Contribution to knowledge sharing, lessons learned, and optimization of work flows
- Option of supporting new green synthesis gas projects such as power-to-X.
You have a degree in Chemical Engineering and minimum 5-10 years of process design experience preferably working within ammonia, methanol and hydrogen technologies. Experience in start-ups and/or plant operation is a great advantage.
We are looking for personal drive and self-motivation. The ideal candidate can tick off the following:
- Expertise in process design as well as plant operation within ammonia, methanol and hydrogen technologies
- Proficient in process simulation for syngas technologies including catalyst considerations, preferably with experience in simulation and conceptual design
- Good knowledge of and interest in developing new process design and lay-outs
- Share our ambition of delivering high quality engineering and state of the art on-site support to our clients
- Proactively engage in continuous development to improve efficiency and competitiveness
- Anticipate and balance the needs of multiple external and internal stakeholders
- Thrive on global collaboration and enjoy networking
- Have excellent communication skills
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Have a desire to work within a multicultural team and challenging environment
- Willing to travel globally for site work, inspection and design meetings.
We look forward to your motivated application
Reach out to group manager, Kirsten Sandberg Bloch at email@example.com or group manager, Allan Kjærsgaard Uldam at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and professional colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in English and enclose a copy of your references through our website www.topsoe.com.
It is very important that the application has a well drafted cover letter where you mention your motivation behind applying for this position, what difference you will bring to the team and why you are most suited for this role!
May 9, 2021
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis and we are looking forward to seeing your application as soon as possible.
Haldor Topsoe is a global leader in supply of catalysts, technology, and services to the chemical and refining industries. Topsoe aims to be the global leader within carbon emission reduction technologies by 2024. By perfecting chemistry for a better world, we enable our customers to succeed in the transition towards renewable energy. Topsoe is headquartered in Denmark and serves customers around the globe. In 2020, our revenue was approximately DKK 6.2 billion, and we employ around 2,100 employees. www.topsoe.com