We are undergoing an exciting transformation as part of our growth journey, and our presence and performance within the Conference, Fairs and Webinar space is a pivotal enabler – one that now requires a talented and capable manager in order to ensure that we succeed in our transformation.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Operations and Marketing, you will be part of a passionate international team and help take the lead in our journey to becoming a key strategic partner to other critical departments at Haldor Topsoe.
At Topsoe, we are very active within our industry’s event space, and we are undergoing an organizational change with the ambition of centrally structuring, driving, and optimizing our efforts within this important area.
As the Conference, Fairs and Webinars Manager, you’ll be responsible for setting the strategic direction, planning, management, and organization of all aspects of various events (industry conferences and fairs, customer seminars, webinars, etc.) in close collaboration with our Business Sections leads.
You will also work closely with our Global Sales & Service functions, Marketing Business Partnering function, and our current Conference, Fairs, and Webinars planner. As such, you’ll operate within a very broad global stakeholder network, also including our senior leadership.
As a new team lead, you’ll ensure that our products, technologies, solutions, and services are properly represented at the right events, at the right time, with the right employees and the right messages. You will drive your area with a high level of accuracy and quality, in a cost-effective, measurable, and timely manner.
While taking a leading role, you’ll also be expected to work as a self-driven, business-savvy manager who thrives in both an operational and executional role.
As our new Conference, Fairs, and Webinar Manager, your key skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- 5+ years of marketing leadership experience from a global, technical B2B environment
- Hands-on experience with planning, executing, and managing international events
- Driving the continuous improvement of our marketing processes, tools, and support systems
- Driving development and owning strategic marketing plans
- Maintaining and managing a global overview via the "conference planning tool" (calendar, internal delegates, sign-up approval process, etc.)
- Providing input and aligning with Innovation/R&D, regional offices, and PLMs on which events to prioritize
- Coordinating production of necessary content for events (abstracts, WPs, presentations/slides) together with R&D, PLMs, and marketing managers
- Providing ad-hoc support to regional offices for key events
- Planning, project management, creative development, internal coordination, and on-site execution together with key business colleagues and subject matter experts
- Engaging in dialogue with conference organizers/providers (stand space, sponsor-package, etc.)
- Ordering of merchandise and hand-outs, coordination of e.g. VR, demonstrations, etc.
- Developing, implementing, and continuously evaluating a branding strategy and consistent marketing activities, both globally and locally
- Evaluating and tracking event performance.
Professionally, you’ll be a great match if:
- you’re an excellent communicator that can engage at all levels
- you’re able to think strategically/tactically while achieving results in a fast, changing business and marketplace
- you’re able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure high-quality deliverables with a clear attention to detail
- you possess chemical industry knowledge as an advantage
- you’re able to translate complex concepts into content that is clear, concise, and human
- you thrive in a collaborative and dynamic work environment, with many stakeholders
- you dare to challenge existing ideas if you believe yours might be better
- you work in a very structured and detail-oriented manner
- you exhibit high energy and an appetite for execution
- you’re a great team player
- you possess a can-do attitude
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and professional colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in Danish or English and enclose a copy of your references. through our website www.topsoe.com.
August 15, 2021.
Haldor Topsoe is a global leader in supply of catalysts, technology, and services to the chemical and refining industries. Topsoe aims to be the global leader within carbon emission reduction technologies by 2024. By perfecting chemistry for a better world, we enable our customers to succeed in the transition towards renewable energy. Topsoe is headquartered in Denmark and serves customers around the globe. In 2020, our revenue was approximately DKK 6.2 billion, and we employ around 2,100 employees. www.topsoe.com