We are offering an attractive position for a Data Scientist, to support the digital transformation of Topsoe towards the strategic company vision of being recognized as a global leader in carbon emission reduction technologies in 2024. As part of this journey we are developing the overall digitalization strategy centering around analytics and establishing a data science center of excellence, to lead the development of digital technologies to create and optimize business processes and workflows, culture, and customer experiences to meet changing business and market requirements. We are based in our headquarters in Lyngby, Denmark.
As part of our newly formed digitalization team, you will play a key role in pioneering future digital solutions with an exciting opportunity to influence our analytics initiatives both on a strategic and operational level. The digitalization team is characterized by a very high level of professional competences and experience, mutual respect, and an open and innovative work environment.
You will work closely with subject matter experts in cross-functional teams to bring analytics capabilities, from applying data mining techniques, to predictive modelling, to help discover leads and accelerate innovation cycles. You will be involved in the entire product development lifecycle from ideation, experimentation, causal analysis, development and deployment of models to our Analytics Platform in close collaboration with cloud computing architects, as well as post-launch learning and iteration into the next development cycle. We typically work on projects of 6-12 months' duration with focus on making significant and value creating process improvements.
- Combine computer science, modeling, statistics, analytics, and math skills—along with sound business sense—to facilitate data-driven decision making across the organization
- Act as the subject matter expert within data science, with a primary focus on delivering lead digital services and products
- Design and develop methodologies, processes, and systems for advanced analytics, creating predictive algorithms, and performing custom analysis
- Ensure that IT infrastructure, tools, and procedures are available to facility efficient execution of the digitalization roadmap and empowerment of end-users
- Connect with stakeholders to gain a full understanding of the specific project and communicate actionable insights using data to a diverse audience across all levels of the organization.
- possess core competencies in skills such as predictive analytics, statistical modeling, big data, data mining applications, enterprise analytics, data-driven decision making, data visualization, and data storytelling
- have a strong analytics background and expert knowledge of state-of-the-art analytics tools and applicability domains
- are solution oriented, efficient, and structured
- are curios and willing to challenge the status quo
- are motivated by innovation and knowledge-sharing
- drive results and lead complex projects with multiple stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment
- have a strong sense of issue ownership and business accountability
- enjoy working in an organization undergoing rapid and transformational change
- You hold a relevant academic degree such as M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, Computer/Data Science, Data Engineering, Bioinformatics, Physics/Chemical engineering or similar
- Knowledge and experience with modelling, estimation and inference for data-driven applications of supervised and unsupervised leering, either through education or professionally
- In-depth theoretical understanding of and can apply state-of-the-art machine learning methods
- Strong experience with imperative programming, specifically Python, R, and C/C++
- Experience with data management and BI Architecture is preferable and so is using tools like PowerBI and Tableau
- You have excellent communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English.
Please contact Senior Manager Anders Erik Bojsen via email@example.com or +45 5339 3352 if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and professional colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in English and enclose a copy of your references. through our website www.topsoe.com.
Please note that we process applications and arrange interviews on a continuous basis and are looking forward to seeing your application as soon as possible.
October 1st. 2021
Haldor Topsoe is a global leader in supply of catalysts, technology, and services to the chemical and refining industries. Topsoe aims to be the global leader within carbon emission reduction technologies by 2024. By perfecting chemistry for a better world, we enable our customers to succeed in the transition towards renewable energy. Topsoe is headquartered in Denmark and serves customers around the globe. In 2020, our revenue was approximately DKK 6.2 billion, and we employ around 2,100 employees. www.topsoe.com