The following is the legal way to express that you are a most welcomed visitor, but that you as our guest must observe certain rules.
By accessing the Haldor Topsoe A/S websites you agree that the laws of Denmark shall apply to all disputes arising from or relating to the use and contents of this website or information provided to you via this website, and that any disputes shall be settled by the courts of Denmark.
Please observe that the following terms & conditions apply to all orders placed via the Haldor Topsoe A/S website or any subsites hereof.
For standard terms and conditions of purchases please see the General Conditions of Purchase.
Trademarks & Copyright
Copyright Haldor Topsoe A/S 2008. All rights reserved.
The content of this Haldor Topsoe A/S website is the intellectual property of Haldor Topsoe A/S. You may download any aspect of the content for personal or non-commercial use within your organization, provided, however, that any downloaded material must retain any and all indications of copyright, trademark or other proprietary status. Nothing on this website should be construed as granting any license or right in or to any intellectual property.
Product names, names of concepts, logos and signs used to distinguish goods and services on this Haldor Topsoe A/S website, whether or not appearing in large print, bold or with the ® or TM symbol, are trademarks of Haldor Topsoe A/S or used under license. While Haldor Topsoe A/S registers trademarks in many jurisdictions, some trademarks appearing on the Haldor Topsoe A/S website might not be registered in the country from which you are accessing this site. Nothing on this website should be construed as granting any license or right in or to any trademark.
The general legal processing framework is Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC, and the attendant rules (“GDPR”). In addition, the Danish Act No. 502 of 23 May 2018 on supplementary provisions to the EU Regulation on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data will apply (the ”Data Protection Act”).
Haldor Topsøe A/S (“Topsoe”) is data controller for the processing of your personal data. This policy explains how we process personal data
- on our website
- of contacts in our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system (Business-to-business contacts)
- for marketing purposes
- in respect of TV surveillance (CCTV)
- of our employees’ next of kin (secondary persons)
- of contacts from the press (journalists)
- in respect of third-party due diligence or compliance screenings
1. Categories of personal data, purposes for processing and legal bases for our processing:
We collect and process the following personal data for the mentioned purposes and legal bases:
Categories of Data Subjects
Categories of personal data
Purpose of processing
Legal basis for processing
Visitors of topsoe.com
Contacts in our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system (B2B contact persons)
Contacts used for marketing purposes
TV surveillance (CCTV)
Our employees’ next of kin
Contacts from the press (journalists)
Customers’ executives or owners, external consultants and other business partners
All the above-mentioned categories of Data Subjects
You have the right to withdraw consent. However, if you withdraw the consent, the withdrawal will not affect processing and disclosure preceding the withdrawal of consent.
The personal data are being collected from you, from your device, from publicly available sources and websites, and from our TV surveillance cameras (CCTV) on our premises.
When we collect personal data directly from you, you are giving us the personal data voluntarily. The consequence if you do not give us the above personal data is, inter alia, that we cannot deliver the requested services, answer your questions submitted on the website, sending newsletters, press releases etc.
4. Data processors
We use data processors to host personal data and to provide support for our use of our it-systems.
5. Transfers of personal data to countries outside the EU/EØS
Topsoe may transfer personal data to third countries as some of our service providers and subsidiaries are placed outside the EU/EØS. In case that we need to transfer your personal data to countries outside the EU/EØS, we ensure that the transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards by entering into the standard contractual clauses adopted by the EU Commission, cf. article 46(2)(c) of the GDPR. A copy of such standard contractual clauses for a specific transfer can be obtained by contacting Topsoe on the contact details below.
6. Retention of personal data
- Visitors to the website: We store personal data collected through topsoe.com until our evaluation, optimization and statistical analysis are completed. Data collected through topsoe.com for marketing purposes will be deleted as described below.
- Contacts in our CRM system: We store personal data in our CRM system for as long as the data are relevant for the business relationship with the customer, supplier, vendor or business partner and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Contacts used for marketing purposes: We store personal data about you for marketing purposes for as long as you interact with us on our digital media, e.g. on topsoe.com. We delete personal data stored for marketing purposes if you request us to do so.
- Recordings from TV surveillance (CCTV): We store recordings for 30 days unless extended storage is permitted under section 4C(4) and (5) of the Danish TV Surveillance Act.
- Next of kin: We delete personal data when an employee leaves the company.
- Contacts from the press (journalists): We store data for as long as we send press releases to you on a regular basis or until you request us to stop sending you press releases from Topsoe.
- Customers’ executives or owners, external consultants and other business partners: We store data from our third-party due diligence and compliance screenings for as long as we have a legitimate purpose e.g. for preliminary negotiations with new customers or an on-going business relationship with the customer, or if the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
7. Your rights
As a Data Subject you have the following rights (on the terms and subject to the exceptions provided by law):
- The right of access to personal data
- The right to rectify incorrect and misleading personal data
- The right to be forgotten
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data
- The right to data portability (where the processing is based on consent or contract)
- The right to object to the processing of personal data (where the processing is based on legitimate interests or direct marketing)
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Danish Data Protection Agency, Borgergade 28, 5th floor, 1300 Copenhagen K, Denmark, tel.: +45 3319 3200, email: dt [at] datatilsynet.dk – see https://www.datatilsynet.dk (in Danish only).
The right to object
You have the right - for reasons relating to your particular situation - to object to the processing of personal data where the legal basis is legitimate interests, as stated above. Hereafter, Topsoe may no longer process the personal data unless Topsoe demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Only contacts, who have signed up for marketing material from Topsoe
If personal data are processed for the purpose of direct marketing, you have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal data for such marketing, including to object to profiling in so far as it relates to direct marketing. If you object to processing for the purpose of direct marketing, the personal data may no longer be processed for this purpose.
In connection with statistical analysis, optimization and targeting of advertisement, Haldor Topsøe A/S (“Topsoe”) stores and accesses cookies on your terminal equipment in connection with your use of topsoe.com.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small electronic data files, which are stored and can be accessed in your electronic terminal equipment in connection with your use of the internet. Your terminal equipment could, for instance, be your computer, tablet or smartphone, depending on what equipment you use for online browsing. Cookies help make your online browsing better, easier and more targeted towards you.
Cookies cannot identify you directly as an individual user, but rather the electronic terminal equipment you have used for browsing.
Cookies are passive files and cannot be used to spread viruses, malware or similar malicious programmes in your terminal equipment.
Types of cookies
Topsoe stores and accesses two different types of cookies when you use topsoe.com. These are:
- Session cookies
- Permanent cookies
Session cookies are temporarily stored cookies, which are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
Permanent cookies are permanently stored cookies, which are stored on your terminal equipment until they are deleted again or after a certain period. See more under “Deleting and blocking cookies”. Permanent cookies are renewed every time you visit topsoe.com.
Topsoe also uses other technologies with similar properties as cookies, including web beacons such as pixels to track online behavior on topsoe.com for statistical analysis.
Topsoe has a number of business partners, which store and have access to cookies in your terminal equipment in connection with your use of topsoe.com and your subsequent online activities. Such cookies are called third-party cookies and they can be either session cookies or permanent cookies. Our business partners are:
- UserReport: Used for optimization of our visitors’ use of topsoe.com and optimization of the functionality of the website
- Hubspot: Used for targeting of ads and optimization of their efficiency, directing the messages submitted through the website to the correct employee and optimization of our visitors’ use of topsoe.com and optimization of the functionality of the website
- Facebook: Used for targeting of ads and the optimization of their efficiency
- LinkedIn: Used for targeting of ads and the optimization of their efficiency
- SiteImprove: Used for optimization of our visitors’ use of topsoe.com and optimization of the functionality of the website as well as statistical analysis of the website
- Google DoubleClick: Used for targeting of ads and optimization of their efficiency and statistical analysis of the website
- WhoIsVisiting: Used for directing the messages submitted through the website to the correct employee and statistical analysis of the website
Types of data
The types of data that Topsoe and the above-mentioned business partners store and access through cookies from your use of topsoe.com are:
- User settings and preferences
- Geographic data
- Time and duration of visit on topsoe.com
- Brower type and operating system
- Internal server information
- Unique identifiers
- Conversion Information (tracking)
Purpose of storing cookies
- Optimization of our visitors’ use of topsoe.com and optimization of the functionality of the website
- Statistical analysis of the website
- Demographic and user-related statistics for the optimization of topsoe.com, the services provided by Topsoe or the like
- Targeting of ads and the optimization of their efficiency
- Directing messages submitted through the website to the correct employee in Topsoe
Please also note that your refusal to give consent or your withdrawal of consent only applies to the terminal equipment from which you reject or withdraw consent.
Deleting and blocking cookies
If you have previously accepted cookies on a piece of terminal equipment and you want to delete these cookies from the equipment in question, you can do so at any time. Please find a guide to this effect at http://minecookies.org/cookiehandtering/ (in Danish only). You can also block cookies or receive a warning before cookies are stored or accessed on your terminal equipment. Find out how at http://minecookies.org/cookiehandtering/ (in Danish only).
Please note that when you block, delete or receive warnings as described above, this only applies to the piece of terminal equipment from which the action is taken. Other terminal equipment is not affected.
Please note that if you block or delete the cookies used by topsoe.com and our business partners, you will continue to have the same access to content on topsoe.com.
As mentioned, session cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser, while permanent cookies are only deleted after a longer time interval or when you delete them yourself. Furthermore, permanent cookies are renewed when you visit topsoe.com. The storage period of permanent cookies depends on the type of cookie and the purpose of storage.
Topsoe may store or access cookies that are already stored in your terminal equipment if one of the following conditions are met:
- Storage or access to the data only takes place with the purpose of transferring communication through an electronic communications network
- Storage or access to the data is required in order to enable Topsoe to provide an information society service which you have expressly requested
This follows from executive order No. 1148 of 9 December 2012, also known as the “Cookie Order”. The Cookie Order is available at Retsinformation (in Danish only): https://www.retsinformation.dk/forms/r0710.aspx?id=139279.
Further information on your rights
Haldor Topsoe A/S
Haldor Topsoes Allé 1,
DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark
CVR No.: 41853816
The content on the Haldor Topsoe A/S website is presented solely for informational purposes and does not provide you with advice or recommendation of any kind. Therefore you should not act upon information provided on the site without consulting Haldor Topsoe A/S directly.
Information on the Haldor Topsoe A/S website is provided “as is”. We may alter, modify, substitute, delete or restrict access to any services and content provided on our website.
Although we make reasonable effort to include accurate and up to date information and to maintain services and software correctly, errors may occur on the website. For such errors Haldor Topsoe A/S disclaims any and all liability.
Haldor Topsoe A/S does not accept liability for any direct or indirect damages, injury, lost opportunities or lost profit arising out of your access to, or inability to access, this website or elements downloaded or used from/on the website. This limitation includes damages or any viruses, which may affect your computer equipment.