This position is located in Clear Lake Area.
Responsible for selling catalyst and technology, and provides associated catalyst technical service for the industries served.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Responsible for catalyst sales and providing technical service for customers in designated sales territory (not necessarily geographically based).
2) Responsible for technology sales in designated sales territory.
3) Account Manager shall develop professional relationships with all customers and potential customers. The customers include many levels in the organization including plant manager, engineers and plant superintendents. The Account Manager shall represent the company in a professional manner.
4) The Account Manager should attempt to make visits to the assigned customers on a frequency consistent with the potential business from the customer. Account manager should establish a customer visit schedule. Prepares for visits, conducts visits, and provides follow-up with minimal supervision. Prepares an internal visit report for each visit.
5) Performs timely administrative tasks including sales orders, coordination with the Traffic Department, providing budget information, technical sales reports, visit reports and maintenance of customer database. Updates the proposals outstanding in SAP.
6) Advises customers with catalyst loading, start-up and other technical services at customer site.
7) Prepares sales quotations based on customer’s request. The proposals include SAP entry calculations using in-house developed Kinetic modeling tools and review of customers terms and conditions
8) Provides technical services to customers relating to selection, use and operation of catalyst products and technology.
9) Identify the potential sales in the territory for budget and planning purposes. Develops a winning strategy that is tailored to each opportunity.
10) Performs technical service to customers through data evaluation, inspections and catalyst sample analyses and participates in on-site loading and start-up services.
11) Conducts a convincing technical sales presentation and takes the lead in winning the business.
12) Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering.
- Positive and personable attitude. Presentable.
- Minimum of 5 years process/production/project engineering.
- Preferable experience in major accounts selling to the refining industry.
- Familiarity with catalytic operations will be beneficial.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong presentation skill.
- Proactive and organized.
- Ability to travel domestically approximately 25% to 30%.