Do you know how to bridge IT and Business? Are you the one taking up the challenge of maintaining the application lifecycles, renewing the applications and owning the backlogs? Do you know how to take responsibility, and make the digital magic happen by inspiring people around you to achieve good results? Do you know how to the run the development and maintenance of excellent digital solutions?
As Application Manager, you will work in Corporate IT with reference to the Director, IT Applications & Software Development, and be part of an awesome global team located in Denmark and India. With your structured approach and interpersonal skills, you will take the lead and have the ownership of some of the most important applications at Topsoe. You will cooperate with business stakeholders and the global IT organization, and you will play an active role in bridging the business and IT in a global context at Topsoe.
- Application lifecycle management; driving the best solutions for the right purposes
- Drive collaboration between business owners, super users, developers, and testers
- Ownership of the backlog; Product owner role on behalf of the business
- Coordinate and orchestrate the design, development, test, support, and operation of the application
- Monitor and analyze application performance & security and identify improvement potential
- Spot business improvement potential and suggest decommissioning or acquisition of applications
- Coordinate, participate in and supervise requirements gathering and test activities
- Ensure that selected applications will fit well within the business environment and live up to the architectural principles
- Manage change; not only from the application point of view but also help the business owners to implement what is necessary to change the ways of working
- Run selected projects according to the project model, also including business cases.
- have strong analytical and communication skills
- are structured with a planning mindset
- have a strong desire for service excellence, professional conduct, and improvement
- possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relations
- demonstrate initiative through a proactive approach
- enjoy responsibility as well as driving team performance
- are service minded and motivated by delivering high end-user satisfaction
- have a proactive approach to resolve business challenges by IT solutions
- are able to understand business objectives and requirements
- are interested in new digital areas like machine learning and advanced analytics, but also acknowledge that some old solutions are still in use and needs to be kept running
- can handle multiple activities without losing the priorities and the team spirit
- value teamwork and are a team player in order to accomplish common targets and deliveries.
You hold a M.Sc. or B.Sc. in business, computer science, computer engineering, system analysis, or another related field of study, or equivalent experience.
You have strong knowledge within the area of Application/Product/Service Management and general knowledge of Applications & IT services, agile software development processes, and preferably a Scrum or other relevant certification.
You are experienced in working in an Agile setting using methods like Scrum, User story writing, Behavior Driven Development, etc., and in working with different types of applications and services like engineering tools, web-based solutions, mobile solutions, machine learning solutions, integrations etc.
You speak, read and write English effortlessly – Danish is appreciated but not required.
Please contact Sanna Strand at skst [at] topsoe.com if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and international colleagues in an informal organizational environment, please submit your application and resume in English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references.
September 1, 2019
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2018, our revenue was approximately 890 million US dollars, and we employ some 2,200 employees. www.topsoe.com