Tuesday, October 8, 2019 - 00:00
Pasadena, TX, US
Responsible for PLC/DCS programming (ABB 800xA, Allen-Bradley ControlLogix), instrumentation, and controls in the plant.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides all programming for various DCS systems and PLCs in the plant.
- Works closely with Unit Operations to make necessary programming changes associated with process optimizations and changes.
- Maintain integrity and performance of systems, process controls, plant historian and control networks.
- Provide direct hands-on on-call control system support.
- Respond to calls for control system hardware malfunctions and repair those malfunctions, including control system processors, control system i/o sub systems and Human Machine Interface (HMI) systems.
- Respond to calls for control system software problems and repair those problems including loop configuration, graphics configuration, and timing issues.
- Respond to calls for network infrastructure problems and repair those problems, including problems with switches, fiber optic converters, cabling and power distribution.
- Enter purchase requisitions for required equipment.
- Develop implementation plans for installation of equipment.
- Develop and implement new additions or enhancements to process control systems within systems standards.
- Add and modify PLC ladder logic for Allen Bradley systems.
- Configure OPC servers for cross system communication.
- Solicit proposals for upgrades or migrations for systems that are obsolete and are becoming obsolete.
- Perform system administrator functions on AB, ABB, PI, VMS and other control operating systems, providing security protection procedures updates and backup of software and data as required.
- Develops standards and procedures to perform various functions on systems and review work of vendors and contractors for compliance with and adherence to standards.
- Train others in proper, effective use, maintenance, and troubleshooting of systems and networks.
- Other duties assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Instrument Engineering, Process Engineering
- Requires minimum of 5 years of related experience in a production facility performing DCS programming. ABB 800xA systems programming preferred, but other DCS systems such as Delta V or Centum, or Process Controllers such as ControlLogix will be considered.
- Familiarity with OSI Software PI data historian is a plus.
- Be capable of troubleshooting control network systems.
- Must be comfortable with P&IDs and Process Flow Diagrams.
- Experience with PLCs and HMIs preferably Allen-Bradley products.