Haldor Topsoe is an international company in rapid development. The headquarters are based in Denmark, but the vast majority of our highly specialized catalysts and products are sold to industrial plants throughout the world. We now offer a position as a Catalyst Engineer in our Refinery Business Unit, where we sell catalysts and technologies that can help our customers in producing environmentally friendly fuels, to lower the impact on the environment, from the utilization of hydrocarbon based fuels.
As a Catalyst Engineer in the Hydrotreating Technical Service Group, you will be involved in the technical part of the sales process making, technical proposals, and performance evaluations, as well as modelling to improve our calculation tools. You will take part in multicultural collaboration and specialized technical service on-site to refinery customers with focus on hydrotreating units, and you will do this together with more than 90 dedicated colleagues within the Refinery Business Unit as well as with colleagues from other business units, R&D, Global Supply unit, and regional offices. You will be the primary technical point of contact for our customers and be in a continuous dialogue with refineries to provide solutions to their hydroprocessing needs.
We focus on continuous learning and development of our employees. You will therefore be offered extensive training depending on your level of experience. You will participate in relevant courses to promote your development as well in close collaboration with more experienced colleagues. Frequent travels will give you the opportunity to explore diverse cultures and develop cross-cultural understanding and cooperation skills. You will join a team where you will get the possibility to use any process experience that you may have and gain knowledge about our catalysts that will enable you to support our customers on a global scale.
- Be responsible for technical sales tasks in collaboration with sales managers and customers worldwide
- Advise customers on optimizing their operation and use of catalysts
- Prepare technical quotations and reports for customers in close collaboration with sales managers
- Support our sales managers with technical negotiations
- Supervise catalyst installation and unit start-up at refineries worldwide
- Create effective cooperation across cultural and educational boundaries
- Travel between 40 and 80 days per year on technical trips with a duration of typically one to two weeks
- Participate in the development of new calculation tools and correlations
- have a flexible and solution-oriented way of approaching people and tasks
- demonstrate initiative as well as technical flair
- are committed to your work, strive to make a difference and take ownership of own tasks
- actively seek to strengthen your own knowledge related to the business
- have excellent communication and teamwork skills
- have flair for troubleshooting and thrive in cross-cultural contexts
- highly proficient in spoken and written English
- preferably, have some experience within Excel and VBA/JAVA-programming.
You have a degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, or similar. Preferably you have process experience from the refinery industry within hydrotreating, but this is not a requirement. Applicants may be recent graduates or students expecting to graduate within a few months. The challenges we offer will match your level of experience.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organiztion, please submit your application and resume, and enclose a copy of your exam certificates.
Please contact Lív Hovgaard on +45 2265 7573 you want to know more about the position.
August 13, 2018
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2017, our revenue was approximately 760 million US dollars, and we employ some 2,300 employees.