Haldor Topsoe is an international company in a rapid development. Our headquarters is based in Denmark, but the vast majority of our highly specialized catalysts and products are sold to industrial plants throughout the world. We now offer a unique position as a catalyst engineer in our Chemical Business Unit where we develop and sell catalysts and technologies for the ammonia, methanol and hydrogen industry. The technical services department consist of approximately 40 employees ranging from a few years of experiences to more than 30 years. The employees work within both process and catalyst related tasks and have a strong technical link towards our customers.
Your daily tasks will include challenges such as calculations for prediction of catalyst performance and lifetime as well as evaluation of operating data from our customers. As part of the job you will be travelling to chemical sites around the world to assist our customer as an advisor for replacement and activation of catalyst.
Your working environment will be multicultural as we have a large variety on non-Danish employees, both in our head office and at our regional offices and of cause our many customers around the world.
We offer an extensive training program within our catalyst portfolio both in office and onsite. After approximately 2-3 years you will advance into the process part of our business, where you will extend your catalyst knowledge towards the rest of the plant, giving you a better understanding of our technologies as a whole. We also provide good opportunities for advancement to positions such as product manager or area sales manager. Frequent travels will give you the opportunity to explore diverse cultures and develop cross-cultural understanding and cooperation skills as well as meeting our customers.
- Advise customers on optimizing the operation and the use of their catalysts
- Prepare technical quotations and reports for customers in close cooperation with sales managers
- Supervise catalyst installation and activation at customer sites worldwide, primarily Europe
- Create effective cooperation across cultural and educational boundaries
- Travel between 60 and 80 days per year on technical service jobs with a duration of typically one to two weeks.
- are responsible, independent, and methodical
- are deadline-oriented and work efficiently
- demonstrate initiative as well as technical flair
- are committed to your work and strive to make a difference
- enjoy working in a fast paste in a constantly changing environment
- are able to work on multiple tasks at the same time
- have excellent communication and teamwork skills
- have flair for troubleshooting and thrive in cross-cultural contexts.
You have a degree in chemical engineering or chemistry. It is an advantage if you hold a European passport and are able to speak multiple languages.
Applicants may be recent graduates or students expecting to graduate within a few months. The challenges we offer will match your level of experience.
Please contact Group Technical Service Manager Susan Langer, phone +45 2275 4054 if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in Danish or English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references.
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2016, our revenue was approximately 860 million US dollars, and we employ more than 2,600 employees.