Group Procurement is a newly established unit with global responsibility, and we now offer a position as Category Manager in Indirect Procurement. We have the responsibility of initiating, govern and implement efficient and effective procurement activities across Topsoe. We want to continually improve our cost awareness as well as add value to our stakeholders to free resources for growth. Category Management will be a key process to sustain our way of working.
As Category Manager you will be addressing a significant part of Topsoes’ indirect spend and will collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
You will be part of a team with 12 motivated colleagues, who in cooperation with colleagues from Direct- and Technical Procurement, have commenced implementation of our new Procurement Game Plan. We are focusing on becoming a best-in-class procurement team through implementation of category management, proactive approach towards our stakeholders and ambitious goals for our value contribution to Topsoe.
- Reports directly to the Director of Indirect Procurement
- Initiate Category Planning, including accompanying sourcing strategies, contract negotiation and execution for all purchases within categories
- Identify and drive sourcing initiatives hereby ensuring tangible results, total cost perspectives and risk avoidance including applicable contingency plans
- Develop a network of key stakeholders for effective implementation of souring initiatives
- Develop key suppliers into strategic partners to enable advanced initiatives, i.e. frame agreements and supplier relationship management etc.
- have proven experience in driving cross-functional projects and are getting the message and results through
- have a solid procurement toolbox and enjoy working structured with your category
- demonstrate in-depth knowledge of procurement and global sourcing
- have excellent commercial skills and financial understanding
- know the significant value procurement and can add it to the business and stakeholders - and can easily explain it
- have solid project management experience
- enjoy working with stakeholders in all parts of the organization and they enjoy working with you.
You have a relevant degree or possess counterbalanced experience from the industry.
You have 2-4 years’ experience from category management and/or project management, preferably from a regional/international organization within purchasing or other relevant function with documented results.
Please contact Director Christian Nymark-Jacobsen, phone +45 5175 5661 if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in Danish or English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references.
May 8, 2019
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2018, our revenue was approximately 890 million US dollars, and we employ some 2,200 employees. www.topsoe.com