Group Leader Uffe Vie Mentzel, phone +45 2275 4511
R&D Director Esben Taarning, phone +45 2275 4291
Haldor Topsoe is an international company in a rapid development. Our headquarters is based in Denmark, but the vast majority of our highly specialized catalysts and products are sold to industrial plants throughout the world. We are expanding into new technology areas and processes, and we are looking for a highly skilled engineer or chemist for a temporary (1 year) position in our Sustainable Chemicals group.
As our new colleague in the Sustainable Chemicals group you will be working with practical aspects of catalyst and process development, i.e. catalyst testing for new catalytic processes and process optimization in both laboratory and pilot scale. You will work in close collaboration with a team of enthusiastic engineers, chemists and test technicians, and you will have responsibility for planning, executing and supervising experimental testing in the laboratory. The work tasks related to this will involve obtaining data on the catalytic behaviour that will allow further process development activities to take place.
• Plan and carry out experiments
• Supervise experimental testing and process development
• Provide input from experimental work for use in process design
• Ensure that high-quality data is obtained at a rapid rate
• Participate in the design of new test setups
• Test and explore new ideas.
• Are skilled in practical laboratory work and are excellent at trouble shooting
• Have a technical flair and a sense for detail
• Are eager to participate in scientific discussions
• Are comfortable exploring the unknown
• Can participate actively in a dynamic team of both technicians and scientists
• Are persistent in your efforts to achieve your goals yet you can move on if ideas prove not to be viable
• Are eager to put your knowledge, efforts and commitment to use in the development of new processes.
You have a degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or equivalent (MSc or PhD). You have practical experience with heterogeneous catalysis, catalyst testing and reaction kinetics. You know your way around in a laboratory. You speak and write English fluently and are interested in learning and speaking Danish within a reasonable time period. We welcome applications from newly and soon-to-be graduating candidates as well as candidates with some years of experience.
Please contact Group Leader Uffe Vie Mentzel, phone +45 2275 4511 or R&D Director Esben Taarning, phone +45 2275 4291 if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in Danish or English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references.
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2016, our revenue was approximately 860 million US dollars, and we employ more than 2,600 employees.