Knowledge is our legacy – do you want to be part of securing a sustainable future? In Haldor Topsoe, we believe in exploration of new technologies with the potential to solve global challenges and thereby create a better future for everyone.
We seek an experienced Patent Counsel with a background in chemical engineering or similar for our Intellectual Property Department within Global Legal Affairs. The Intellectual Property Department is responsible for all matters regarding the company’s Intellectual Property Rights (IPR).
You will become an essential member of our fast-paced IP team at our headquarters in Kongens Lyngby, Denmark, who primarily work in-house to cover all aspects of IPR in close cooperation with the company’s R&D and business units, both within our core areas and within our new technologies.
We operate in many markets globally, and we have production facilities and offices in Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and the Americas.
- Drafting and prosecution of patent applications
- Surveillance of competitors and competing technologies
- Freedom to operate analysis
- Managing 2-3 IP Groups including counselling of business and technology managers in all matters relating to own and competitor’s IPR
- Supporting key initiatives that the team rolls out globally
- Contribute to optimal stakeholder relations through close daily contact.
- are structured, energetic and thorough in your ways of working
- have an analytical mindset and you approach challenges with an open mind
- are a strong communicator and have a good understanding of the commercial aspects of IPR
- enjoy working in a dynamic international environment with highly recognized scientists
- have an informal approach to work
- work independently but also like to be part of a team.
- You have a M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering or a similar degree. Ideally, you have passed the EQE and have experience from an in-house position, but candidates with several years of experience from private practice are also welcome to apply.
- It is essential that you speak and write English fluently.
August 5, 2019.
- Please feel free to contact Senior Director, Sanne Bang Olsen at sabo [at] topsoe.com if you want to know more about the position.
- If you would like to be part of our team and work in a dynamic organization with talented colleagues, please submit your application and resume in English and enclose a copy of your latest exam certificates and any references. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2018, our revenue was approximately 890 million US dollars, and we employ some 2,200 employees. www.topsoe.com