Knowledge is our legacy – do you want to be part of securing a sustainable future?
Global Legal Affairs is looking for an Experienced Patent Counsel to expand our IP Team.
In Topsoe, we aspire to explore new technologies with the potential to solve global challenges – and create a better future for everyone.
We are looking for an experienced Patent Counsel with a background in chemical engineering, or a similar degree, for our Intellectual Property Department within Global Legal Affairs. The Intellectual Property Department is responsible for all matters relating the company’s Intellectual Property Rights.
You will join a dynamic team at our headquarters in Kongens Lyngby, Denmark, who, in close cooperation with the company’s R&D and business units, primarily work on an in-house basis to cover all aspects of IPR.
You will become an essential member of our fast-paced IP team and you will be involved in various tasks in close cooperation with R&D and our global businesses both within our core areas and our new technologies. We operate in many markets globally and we have production facilities and offices across Asia, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas.
- Drafting and prosecution of patent applications
- Surveillance of competitors and competing technologies
- Freedom to operate analyses
- Managing 2-3 IP Groups including counselling of business and technology managers in all matters relating to own and competitor’s intellectual property rights
- Supporting key initiatives that the team rolls out globally
- Contribute to optimal stakeholder relations through close daily contact.
- are structured and energetic
- are thorough in your ways of working
- have an analytical mindset
- approach challenges with an open mind
- are a strong communicator and have a good understanding of the commercial aspects of IPR
- enjoy working in busy international environment with highly recognized scientists
- have an informal approach and even though you enjoy working independently you also like to be part of a team.
- You have an M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering or a similar degree.
- Ideally you have passed the EQE and have experience from an in-house position, but candidates with several years of experience from private practice are also welcome to apply.
- It is essential that you speak and write English fluently.
January 5, 2020.
Please feel free to contact Senior Director, Sanne Bang Olsen at sabo [at] topsoe.com if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of our team and work in a dynamic organization with talented colleagues, please submit your application and resume in English and enclose a copy of your latest exam certificates and any references. We are looking forward to receive your application.
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2018, our revenue was approximately 890 million US dollars, and we employ some 2,200 employees.