Haldor Topsoe is looking for a strong people manager for the position as Head of Global Logistics.
Global Logistics is a part of the Supply Chain Management (SCM) organization in the Global Supply Unit with responsibility for all steps from the receipt of the catalyst order to the delivery process. Global Logistics department is responsible for customer service, import of raw materials and distribution of finished goods to our customers globally. This includes the global responsibility of the core logistics processes and standards.
As Head of Global Logistics your main objective will be to support and develop the global service delivery by leading the logistics team. You play an important role in maintaining the continuously high service performance in the market as well as keeping a strong focus on further developing internal processes in the department.
As this is a newly established position, you will have the possibility to shape and scope the role and responsibilities. Not only will you get deep insight into –and thorough understanding of – our global organization, you will also build a strong network and be able to influence and set the direction the department.
The department consists of 9 highly skilled and independent employees covering the global distribution of Catalysts. You will report to the Director for Global Supply Chain Management.
- Manage and report on the delivery performance globally.
- Lead and inspire the team and ensure a high level of motivation and trust.
- Identify and implement IT digitalization improvements.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to develop procedures, programs and initiatives designed to achieve operational excellence.
- Controlling and monitoring global logistics cost.
- Strengthen our collaboration with strategic logistics partners.
- have a strong interest in people management
- have an open, innovative mind-set and ability to work effectively in a team-oriented setting
- have a hands-on, analytical and practical approach to tasks
- are result oriented with a structured way of working
- thrive in a dynamic working environment
- are a strong communicator with excellent skills in both Danish and English
- master to execute through others in a matrix organisation
- enjoy working with various stakeholders in a global organisation
- have experience within customs procedures and reports to Danish Customs Auhtorities.
You are passionate about global logistics, and bring an educational background within Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Logistics, Shipping or similar.
You have minimum 5 years of experience from a similar position in an international company. You are self-driven and result oriented, and have successfully led teams within supply chain management. You have SAP experience.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in Danish or English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references.
Contact: Director Christian Eichner-Larsen +45 2265 7565
Application deadline: 5 June 2018
Work place: Lyngby, Denmark
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2017, our revenue was approximately 760 million US dollars, and we employ some 2,300 employees.