Monday, August 5, 2019 - 00:00
Pasadena, TX, US
Directly supports Production units by conducting chemical and physical tests of routine and non-routine samples and analyzing test data.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide accurate and reliable quality control analysis in a timely manner for routine and non-routine samples to support Production Units and ensure final products meet all quality requirements.
- Communicate out of spec product results to Production in a timely manner and isolate non-conforming product according to quality policy.
- Receive raw materials into SAP and test according to sample plan to ensure materials meet all quality requirements and notify appropriate departments in a timely manner for dispensation if required.
- Ensure all instruments are calibrated according to quality procedure and initiate non-conformances when necessary.
- Maintain and troubleshoot laboratory equipment, notifying supervision as soon as issues arise.
- Support laboratory compliance to ISO 9001:2015 and work within established policies and procedures.
- Receive customer samples into Lab database, analyze samples and communicate results to sales team in a timely manner.
- Must comply with HTI safety policies and procedures while performing daily tasks in the Lab and throughout the facility.
- Assist in method development and implementation of new laboratory equipment and analytical methods.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member to meet company and departmental goals.
- Must have the ability to multitask and communicate to all stakeholders as requested.
- Requires 2 years of college, preferably toward Chemistry degree (or equivalent experience).
- Requires 1-2 years of experience, preferably in a quality control laboratory.
- Strong computer skills, experience using Excel and SAP preferred.
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
- Must be available for call-outs as needed for additional coverage.