Haldor Topsoe, Inc. (“HTI”), a Texas corporation and a subsidiary of Haldor Topsoe A/S (“HTAS”), a company registered and based in Denmark, is currently looking for a Legal Counsel with experience in complex commercial and international transactions to join HTI’s legal department rendering legal support to HTI’s U.S. operations and, from time to time, to HTAS’ international operations.
The HTI legal department works closely with the HTI and HTAS sales teams and function teams such as tax, finance and compliance, securing the interests of HTI and HTAS, respectively, during contract drafting and negotiations that are carried out of HTI’s Houston office.
HTI is looking for a skilled lawyer who will be a highly energetic and collaborative team member, capable of providing practical and effective legal support on complex transactional matters for HTI’s and HTAS’ U.S. and international markets.
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts (technology license agreements, engineering agreements, equipment supply contracts, confidentiality agreements) governed principally by U.S. law and from time to time by the laws of other jurisdictions as may be required.
- Primary responsibility will be to serve as legal support for sales managers at HTI, and as requested, from time to time, to sales managers at HTAS.
- Provide effective and timely counseling on legal issues with a principal focus on the U.S. domestic market and in accordance with HTI’s policies.
- Participate in negotiations on behalf of HTI or HTAS with clients, vendors, government authorities.
- Provide advice on methods, practices and contractual provisions that reduce or mitigate the legal risks, costs and liability of HTI and HTAS corresponding to their respective operations.
- JD and License to Practice in the State of Texas.
- Extensive experience in drafting and negotiating complex commercial and international contracts.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of work experience in a reputable law firm and/or an international company.
- Experience with technology licensing, engineering and/or equipment sales transactions is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good business judgment and good technical understanding.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Flexibility/adaptability and a willingness to learn new areas of law, work on a broad range of matters and take on projects outside of core areas.
- Effectively multitask, re-prioritize, and work independently to meet deadlines and drive agreements to conclusion, while remaining calm under pressure.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and the ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and the ability to maintain the strictest level of confidentiality.
- Responsive and service-oriented attitude.