Haldor Topsøe A/S is looking for a new legal counsel, who is eager to join our Global Legal team and to work in a truly international company committed to ensure that our world leading catalysis and technology solutions for the chemical and oil & gas industries are economically, environmentally and socially sustainable. Our headquarters are based in Lyngby, Denmark, but the vast majority of our highly specialized products are sold to industrial customers throughout the world.
As Legal Counsel, you will join our international team of 15 lawyers located in Denmark (9), USA (3), China (2) and Germany (1). We work across borders in an informal working environment, where we prioritize working as one international team regardless of locations by having monthly videoconferences and annual in-person meetings to network, align and share knowledge.
You thrive in a dynamic and international working environment, where drafting complex contracts, travelling and negotiating with our international customers will be part of the main tasks and you will support our business globally in cooperation with our colleagues in the sales teams. Further, you will provide advice on various legal aspects of our commercial operations in a direct dialogue with relevant stakeholders at all levels. Finally, you will get involved in cross-functional projects working closely with other staff functions and our sales teams.
You will report to the Lead Legal Counsel for Technology Projects & Catalysts sales responsible for the Haldor Topsøe A/S’ legal direction within international sales.
Global Legal is part of Global Legal Affairs also including Haldor Topsøe A/S’ departments for Compliance & Sustainability and Intellectual Property.
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts
- Provide legal advice to all parts of the company
- Identify material risks and provide solutions on how best to manage and mitigate such
- Mitigate challenges that arise during contract execution
- Travel activity up to 30 days a year to support projects, sometimes on a short notice
- are highly interest in drafting and negotiating complex international commercial contracts
- demonstrate initiative and possess good business understanding
- work in an organized and structured way
- have the ability to provide solutions balancing legal and commercial interests
- navigate in a multi-stakeholder environment
- communicate effortlessly at all levels of the organization
- have excellent team work skills and thrive in an international environment
- You are a recently qualified lawyer with previous experience from either a law firm or a similar position as in-house legal counsel
- You speak, read and write English fluently
If you would like to be part of our international team and work in a dynamic organization with talented colleagues, please submit your application and resume in English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references.
Please contact Lead Legal Counsel, Søren Ammitzbøll Bæch Frandsen, phone +45 2275 4425 if you want to know more about the position. We look forward to hearing from you.
March 1, 2020.
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2018, our revenue was approximately 890 million US dollars, and we employ some 2,200 employees.