The refinery industry is changing rapidly these years – more demands for co-processing of bio- and renewable feedstocks and legislation for shipping and auto industries demands very low sulfur fuels. Do you want to work with proprietary hardware within Haldor Topsoe’s hydroprocessing technology as part of multicultural project teams together with industry experts? Do you want to work together with our refinery business unit and R&D in designing and shaping tomorrow’s refinery technology?
The business focus on reactor internals as a strong support to our catalyst sales is increasing and we are continuously challenging and being challenged on possible solutions to our many clients in the refining sector. The mechanical hydro processing group is recognized by its dynamic approach to mechanical development of new reactor internals and optimization of existing reactor internals in very close collaboration with the refinery business unit.
We are looking for a new colleague to join the WSA and Hydro processing mechanical group for execution of reactor internals projects for our clients in the refinery sector. As a mechanical engineer in the mechanical hydro processing group you are expected to take part in execution of engineering projects for reactor internals from basic 3D modelling to final installation supervision at our client’s sites as well as taking responsibility for innovation, tools development and willingness to share, challenge and pursue new ideas.
We offer a position that will allow you to perform a wide range of tasks within the field of mechanical engineering. You will be involved in a range of interdisciplinary project groups and will acquire a broad technical knowledge basis. The job involves regular contact with colleagues in affiliated offices around the world and our international suppliers and clients. Assignments abroad in connection with engineering, inspection and installation of process equipment are part of the job. In this respect, travel activities are part of the assignment.
• Mechanical engineering tasks and execution of reactor internals projects
• Development and modelling of new reactor internals designs
• Development of design tools, standards and guidelines for new reactor internals
• Technical support in sales meetings with clients
• Inspection and quality control at manufacturers’ workshops
• Supervision of reactor internals installation at site
• Support to digitalization projects
• Participation in our continuous improvement work.
• are curious, open-minded and have an innovative mindset
• are self-motivated and passionate about developing optimal solutions using 3D tools
• are generally interested in the traditional mechanical disciplines such as metallic materials, solid mechanics, welding, and design
• have a strong customer focus and have an eye for business opportunities
• are able to drive projects and work with tight deadlines
• are internationally oriented and interested in working globally
• demonstrate initiative and share your opinion.
To be a successful candidate for the job, you have a M.Sc. in mechanical engineering and have a couple of years of experience. The right candidate has thorough experience with 3D design tools (preferably Autodesk Inventor) and a basic understanding of fluid dynamics. Good understanding of construction principles and fabrication techniques is an advantage. Knowledge of other design tools such as Ansys, PV-Elite, Mathcad and international codes and standards such as ASME VIII, Div. 1&2 and EN 13445 is an advantage but not a requirement. Demonstration of innovative achievements in academic or professional context is encouraged. It is a requirement to speak and write fluent English.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organisation, please submit your application (cover letter and CV) in English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references. In your cover letter please specify your motivation for applying for this position.
Please contact Group Manager Nina Møhler, phone: +45 2527 6624 if you want to know more about the position.
July 30, 2018
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2017, our revenue was approximately 760 million US dollars, and we employ some 2,300 employees.