Do you want to maintain and develop solutions to prevent material degradation in all Topsoe’s technologies?
You will be involved in a range of interdisciplinary project groups, in a creative and solution-oriented working environment characterized by high-quality and timely contribution to the needs of Haldor Topsoe’s Business Units. The job involves regular contact with colleagues in affiliated offices around the world and our international suppliers and clients.
We are a team of 5 material specialists engaged in design of pressurised equipment such as reactors, heat exchangers, furnaces, columns and piping. We build and develop knowledge about the materials and control of welding for both current and new technologies and proprietary equipment. The equipment is made by external vendors located worldwide either in carbon steel, low alloy steel, stainless steel or nickel alloys.
The ideal candidate has a strong background and experience on one hand in welding metallurgy, including knowledge about international standards such as ASME and EN and welding documentation, and in the other hand in degradation mechanisms of metals and welds under wet and dry conditions.
- Support Business Units and clients in materials including welding and control of welding process and documentation
- Participate actively in development of new proprietary equipment including preparation of welding procedures
- Conduct failure analysis of metals including welds
- Select and control materials for all Topsøe technologies
- Design and conduct development projects within the field of metals including welds
- Participate in relevant international networks and cooperate with internal and external partners.
- show willingness to learn and to share knowledge
- are a result-oriented team player
- are committed and take ownership of the job
- can handle several tasks simultaneously while keeping of sense of perspective
- have the ability to communicate and present technical topics in a precise and clear way
- are independent yet systematic and methodical
- find it easy to find and assimilate knowledge quickly
- possess high ethical standards
- are able to delegate, challenge and give feedback
- are willing to travel 3-4 times per year with up to 1-3 weeks travel length.
You possess a Master degree in Material Science with knowledge of metallurgy in general and welding metallurgy including procedures and standards.
You have experience in designing and conducting laboratory test and in performing failure analysis.
Knowledge of catalytic processes and the ability to train others is an advantage.
You are fluent in English both written and verbally. Knowledge of Danish is an advantage.
Please contact Group Manager María José Landeira Østergård, phone: +45 2275 4420 if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references.
October 29, 2017.
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2016, our revenue was approximately 860 million US dollars, and we employ more than 2,600 employees.