Do you want to apply and develop stack level impedance spectroscopy for high temperature solid oxide electrolysis stacks?
We are looking for a talented recent PhD to take on an industrial postdoc with us. Haldor Topsoe is a leading player in the field of high temperature solid oxide electrolysis and the first company in the world to commercialize CO2 to CO electrolysis.
The purpose of the project is to implement advanced electrochemical methods, notably impedance spectroscopy for diagnostics and development of state of the art solid oxide electrolysis stacks. The electrochemical characterization step is an integral part of our stack development loops and the project will therefore provide the chosen candidate with a deep insight into the various aspects of solid oxide electrolysis technology.
To speed up the development work the industrial postdoc will collaborate with researchers at DTU Energy. DTU Energy is world-leading in impedance spectroscopy of high temperature solid oxide electrolysis stacks and cells and has developed experimental setup and data analysis tools for stack level impedance spectroscopy. The idea is to combine the methods developed at DTU Energy with the stack development at Topsoe. We believe that there is great potential in integrating the advanced electrochemical methods developed at DTU Energy with the stack development activities at Topsoe, which could ultimately be key to prolonging the lifetime of electrolysis stacks and to further accelerating the commercial use of the technology.
You will be part of highly skilled team with extensive experience in solid oxide stack development and an open-minded and stimulating culture for discussions.
The project will include
- Setup of stack level impedance spectroscopy
- Development of test protocols and data processing routines for stack-level impedance spectroscopy
- Stack testing and data analysis with the aim of developing and implementing diagnostic tools for performance assessment and lifetime prediction based on impedance modeling
- Collaboration with DTU Energy, which will focus on method development and knowledge exchange
- have flair for both hands-on experimental work and data analysis
- are excellent at driving results and collaborating
- have strong experimental competences
- have the ability to keep focus on the goal of the project
- enjoy working with a broad range of stakeholders, internally and externally
- possess strong communication skills
- You are a recent PhD from a relevant field
- Experience in Python or similar language is required
- Experience in impedance spectroscopy or electrical engineering, modeling, modern data analysis tools, and solid oxide technology are considered as advantages
March 8, 2020.
Once we have found the right candidate we will apply for co-funding from the Innovation Fund Denmark. The funding deadline is 30. April and if successful project start will be summer 2020.
Topsoe will hire the industrial postdoc and the main work place will be in Lyngby.
Please contact R&D Senior Director Poul Georg Moses +45 2275 4015 or Principal Scientist Rainer Küngas +45 2527 8274 if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and CV in English through our website www.topsoe.com.
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2018, our revenue was approximately 890 million US dollars, and we employ some 2,200 employees. www.topsoe.com