Production Engineer - Catalyst Plant - Pasadena, Texas
Monitors daily operation of the assigned catalyst production unit to ensure production of quality catalyst in a safe and efficient manner. Evaluates and documents efficiency of production runs. Develops and recommends existing or new technologies to improve production metrics.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors daily operation of the assigned catalyst production unit by monitoring logs,processs data,or other available information. Maintains area operations in accordance with all federal, state, local and company regulations.
- Provides technical guidance to lead operators or other process operators to maintain production rates as well as catalyst quality.
- Coordinates maintenance activities to maximize equipment effectiveness and minimize production loss and maintenance expense.
- Evaluates existing systems and recommends new technologies to improve production. Performs calculations on plant operations. Develops and revises spreadsheets to match calculations/simulations.
- Submits, updates, and maintains documentation as necessary for: a) Post production run evaluations, b) Monthly operating reports (including project status), c) Operating manuals, d) Process changes, and e) Operating problems, improvements, experiments.
- Assists in maintaining up-to-date P&ID’s in assigned areas.
- Interfaces with other plant departments i.e., maintenance, purchasing, management, safety and environment, and accounting effectively.
- Provides equipment specifications.
- Assists in troubleshooting process unit or equipment.
- Assists in development of capital projects by scope definition, equipment specifications, and other operations input.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience and/or training, however will consider entry level candidates when appropriate.