Production Engineer - Catalyst Plant - Pasadena, Texas
Monitors daily operation of the assigned catalyst production unit to ensure production of quality catalyst in a safe and efficient manner. Evaluates and documents efficiency of production runs. Develops and recommends existing or new technologies to improve production metrics.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors daily operation of the assigned catalyst production unit by monitoring logs, process data, or other available information. Maintains area operations in accordance with all federal, state, local and company regulations.
- Provides technical guidance to lead operators or other process operators to maintain production rates as well as catalyst quality.
- Coordinates maintenance activities to maximize equipment effectiveness and minimize production loss and maintenance expense.
- Evaluates existing systems and recommends new technologies to improve production. Performs calculations on plant operations. Develops and revises spreadsheets to match calculations/simulations.
- Submits, updates, and maintains documentation as necessary for: a) Post production run evaluations, b) Monthly operating reports (including project status), c) Operating manuals, d) Process changes, and e) Operating problems, improvements, experiments.
- Assists in maintaining up-to-date P&ID’s in assigned areas.
- Interfaces with other plant departments i.e., maintenance, purchasing, management, safety and environment, and accounting effectively.
- Provides equipment specifications.
- Assists in troubleshooting process unit or equipment.
- Assists in development of capital projects by scope definition, equipment specifications, and other operations input.
- Provides production support for all production units as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience and/or training, however will consider entry level candidates when appropriate.