Join the newly established Manufacturing Excellence team and drive the global transformation of continuous improvement and standardization in our productions worldwide
- Would you like to be part of supporting the manufacturing process at Topsoe by increasing stability and creating optimizations that ensure production of quality products at a competitive cost?
- Are you passionate about working with production systems, changing habits and make it clear what the value of the changes are, and do you have transformation-to-LEAN experiences?
If so, we can offer you an exciting, ever-changing and methodically challenging job, where your competencies will be extremely valuable in ensuring that we reach our ambitious goals, and where you can expect ample opportunity for personal and professional development.
We are on a journey and have decided to establish an internal team – maintaining a value-adding collaboration with our external consultants.
We have three open positions at different experience- and competence level. The team will work as part of our delivery organization called Global Supply Unit (GSU), referring to the VP of Catalyst Solutions. Your base will be Frederikssund, and some travelling to our production site in Houston, Bayport, USA is to be expected.
Activate your entire LEAN toolbox with focus on stakeholder management and collaboration
You have an opportunity to participate in the development and implementation of improved global manufacturing systems and optimize work across our different operations globally. You will be working closely together with the management and operation in our production and collaborate with stakeholders from our business units when relevant for running projects. Also, complex cases from the production will demand your expertise in facilitating problem solving.
Your ability to collaborate with many different stakeholders will ensure your success. Here, your profound grasp of the five LEAN principles and your ability to observe the daily operation and identify opportunities will inspire the way we normally do things.
Your responsibilities in brief:
- Diagnose – localize new improvement opportunities
- Accountable for the progress of your projects
- Provide status on implementations on projects and accountable for raising localized issues if the plan is not followed
- Train and coach the local operations and assure that new tools and standards are implemented and sustained
- Many of the reporting tools are developed in our Global Processes & Projects department. You will be responsible for facilitating and contributing to an efficient and successful implementation of such.
The bar is set high
We are looking for three new employees; all with a heavy LEAN background, with 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably from chemical or other regulated industries. We expect your LEAN competencies to be both broad and deep, encompassing e.g. VSM, systematic problem solving, PDCA and process confirmation. It will be an advantage if you already know a lot about what it is like to work with LEAN in a production environment. However, project management and work related to other areas of production or system-implementation is also of high interest
You can tick off the following:
- Structured approach and work persistent in reaching good results
- Strategic mindset and are used to work with facilitation and change management
- Experience with stakeholder management with all type of positions from the organization
- Track record of implemented global systems, digitalization or LEAN in other companies
- Experience with training and coaching of employees not in direct reporting line to you
- Engaging and strong communication skills
- Flair for data analysis and experience in digital design or innovation will be an advantage
- Microsoft Office wizard - including SharePoint
- Both English and Danish language in writing and spoken.
So much more than academic qualifications:
You are motivated by well-argued and sensible change, and you always see the opportunities before the limitations; you are especially good at joining theory and pragmatic solutions into logical flows. Independence is a prerequisite, but you also need to be able to collaborate and build trustful relations across geographic, professional and cultural distances.
You have a positive and dedicated attitude with a strong personal drive
- Manage to keep an overview of chaotic processes and manage to structure it while it is running
- Strive to find smart, simple, efficient and proactive solutions
Please contact Sara Sandersen, phone +45 2275 4596 or Glen Hytoft, phone +45 2275 4555 if you want to know more about the position. The application can be written in Danish or English.
If you would like to be part of a new team in a dynamic and developing culture within manufacturing excellence in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in Danish or English and enclose a copy of your references and relevant exam certificates.
March 13„ 2020 – please note, that first interviews will be conducted in week 12.
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2018, our revenue was approximately 890 million US dollars, and we employ some 2,200 employees. www.topsoe.com