Group Procurement is a newly established unit with global responsibility, and we now offer a position as Senior Lead Buyer in Technical Procurement. We have the responsibility for procurement of complex technical equipment for international industrial projects and for implementing efficient and effective procurement activities across Topsoe. We want to continually improve our cost picture as well as add value to our stakeholders to free up resources for growth. Category Management will be a key process to sustain our way of working.
In this newly established position as Senior Lead Buyer you will be driving and supporting tactical and operational procurement activities in a global environment – cross categories and projects in Technical Procurement.
You will be part of a Technical Procurement organization with 11 motivated employees within procurement and logistics that, together with colleagues from Direct and Indirect Procurement, have commenced implementation of our new Procurement Game Plan. We are focused on becoming a best in class procurement team through the implementation of category management, proactive approach towards our stakeholders and ambitious goals for our value contribution to Topsoe.
- Reports solid line to Director, Technical Procurement
- Identifies and drives sourcing initiatives – ensuring results on tangibles, total cost perspectives and risk avoidance including applicable contingency plans to safeguard objectives in collaboration with stakeholders
- Manage and plan the tactical and operational procurement process in the projects within the guidelines of the department manager and the category manager
- Support implementation of category management initiatives
- Ensure that risks and cost, when placing orders, are evaluated in close collaboration with the relevant department and signed as per rules of signing authorities
- Ensure that projects are delivered as per specification at the right time at the right cost
- Be able to negotiate general terms of conditions with selected Suppliers and ensure a good collaboration with our Suppliers
- Ensure that approved suppliers are used in regard to economy, social responsibility, environment and business integrity - all according to implemented Topsoe standards
- Support the use of IT tools and creation of Process documentation within Group Procurement.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of procurement and global sourcing every day
- Have excellent commercial/financial understanding
- Have project management experience and good at communicating at all levels
- Have international experience and understand cultural differences
- Are used to and enjoy working with operational and tactical procurement tasks and projects
- Are a skilled SAP and e-procurement user and understands the benefits of structures and processes
- Enjoy working with stakeholders in all parts of the organization and stakeholders enjoy working with you.
You are a holder of a business diploma (Merkonom) in procurement/logistics or similar.
You have project management experience and 3-5 years’ experience from a regional/international organization, within purchasing or other relevant function and can document results from similar positions.
Please contact Director Martin Overmark, phone +45 22754757 if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in Danish or English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references.
November 28, 2017.
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2016, our revenue was approximately 860 million US dollars, and we employ more than 2,600 employees.