We offer a position as Senior Lead Buyer in Indirect Procurement. As Senior Lead Buyer, you will be driving and supporting tactical and operational procurement activities across categories and projects. We focus on becoming the best in class procurement team through the implementation of category management, proactive approach towards our stakeholders, and ambitious goals for our value contribution to Topsoe.
We are 12 motivated employees in Indirect Procurement, who in cooperation with colleagues from Direct and Technical Procurement, have commenced implementation of our new Procurement Game Plan.
Group Procurement is a newly established unit with global responsibility, and have the responsibility of initiating, govern, and implement efficient and effective procurement activities across Topsoe. We want to continually improve our cost picture and add value to our stakeholders to free resources for growth. Category Management will be a key process to sustain our way of working.
- Manage the operational procurement process within the guidelines of the department.
- Identifies and drives sourcing initiatives – ensuring tangible results on total cost and risk avoidance including applicable contingency plans to safeguard objectives.
- Support implementation of category management initiatives.
- When placing orders ensure that risks and cost are evaluated with the relevant departments and signed as per rules of signing authorities.
- Ensure delivery of projects as per specification at the right time and at the right cost.
- Negotiate general terms of conditions with selected suppliers and ensure good collaboration.
- Ensure that approved suppliers follow Topsoe-standards concerning economy, social responsibility, environment, and business integrity.
- Support the use of IT tools and process documentation within Group Procurement.
- Reports solid line to Director, Indirect Procurement.
- demonstrate in-depth knowledge of procurement and global sourcing
- have excellent commercial/financial understanding
- have project management experience and good communicating skills at all levels
- have experience working with operational and tactical procurement tasks and projects
- are a skilled SAP and Ariba e-procurement user, and understand the benefits of structures and processes
- enjoy working with stakeholders everywhere in the organization and stakeholders enjoy working with you.
You have a business diploma (Merkonom) in procurement/logistics or similar.
You have project management experience and 3-5 years experience from a regional/international organization, within purchasing or other relevant function and can document results from similar positions.
Please contact Director Christian Nymark-Jacobsen, phone +45 5175 5661 if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in Danish or English, and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references.
As we invite candidates for interviews continuously, please send your applications as soon as possible.
January 2, 2019
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2017, our revenue was approximately 760 million US dollars, and we employ more than 2,100 employees.