The coming years in Haldor Topsoe are critical, as we have taken a major decision to onboard a financial partner (minority owner) and initiate a strategic journey towards an IPO (Initial Public Offering). Corporate Strategy is the pivotal department in this journey, driving and supporting critical organic and inorganic initiatives towards an IPO.
The Corporate Strategy and M&A is reporting directly to the CEO and aims to strengthen the efforts around the strategic direction of Haldor Topsoe, by developing, communicating, executing and sustaining corporate strategic initiatives. Further, the department provides strategic analysis and collection of data in a number of areas, which will ensure a strong foundation for Topsoe when making strategic decisions.
You will be responsible for enabling corporate-driven business planning and performance management in the context of an IPO journey. You will support and advise the executive management and report directly to the Vice President of Corporate Strategy and M&A.
You will work from our headquarters in Lyngby in close collaboration with colleagues in Denmark and at our other global locations. Not only will you get deep insight into – and a thorough understanding of – our global organization, you will also build a strong network and be able to influence and set the direction for how we make strategic decisions
- Drive strategy development and facilitate strategic decision-making, including: •Ensure that proper strategic analyses (incl. market size, industry positioning, competitive environment, market drivers and risks) are made before entering new business activities.
- Support various stakeholders in undertaking business analysis, identifying key issues, carrying out problem-solving and developing recommendations.
- Analyze macro trends (related to fossil fuels, alternative energy, etc.) and translate them to impact Haldor Topsoe’s business model.
- Drive the corporate business planning process
- Lead/support strategic, corporate projects with a company perspective in mind
- Create and ensure efficient co-operation on key strategic initiatives in Haldor Topsoe.
You have a master’s level education from a leading university, business school or technical university. Ideally 2-4 years of relevant experience within management consulting or in a strategy or business development function.
In addition, you must also have:
- A comprehensive strategy and analytical toolbox
- Ability to understand and integrate strategic, operational and financial aspects of any given project or strategic issue
- Experience with strategy implementation
- Preferably experience with performance management
- Experience with scoping, structuring and planning larger strategic work streams or minor projects
- Experience with working in an international environment
- Fluency in English, written as well as spoken.
You will be offered extensive training, the opportunity to participate in relevant courses, and close collaboration with more experienced colleagues. We also provide good opportunities for internal career development. Some travelling is to be expected in this position; approx. 20 travel days per year to our key markets, which will also give you the opportunity to explore diverse cultures and use your cross-cultural understanding.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume and enclose a copy of your exam certificates.
Please contact Vice President Mogens Holm, +45 2969 6972 if you want to know more about the position.
August 1, 2018
We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis, so please apply as soon as possible.
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2017, our revenue was approximately 760 million US dollars, and we employ some 2,300 employees.