TECHNICAL SERVICE ENGINEER (SULFURIC ACID)
Responsible for selling catalyst and technology, and provides associated catalyst technical service for the sulfuric acid industry.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Provides technical service for customers in designated sales territory and provides technical support to the account managers.
2) Advises customers with catalyst screening, loading, start-up and other technical services at customer site.
3) Develops professional relationships with all customers and potential customers. The customers include many levels in the organization including plant manager, engineers and plant superintendents. Represents the company in a professional manner.
4) Prepares sales quotations based on customer’s request. The proposals include SAP entry, GIPS calculations and review of customers’ terms and conditions.
5) Provides technical services to customers relating to selection, use and operation of catalyst products and technology.
6) Performs technical service to customers through data evaluation, inspections, catalyst sample analyses, gas sample analysis and participates in catalyst screening and loading at customer site.
7) Makes customer visits for mainly technical issues as assigned by Manager and prepares an internal visit report for each visit.
8) Performs other duties as assigned by management and key account manager.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering.
- Positive and personable attitude. Presentable.
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years’ process/production/project engineering or technical sales experience in the refining or chemical industry.
- Familiarity with the sulfuric acid industry will be beneficial.
- Familiarity with catalytic operations will be beneficial.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to travel domestically approximately 25% to 35%.
- Ability to travel to Denmark occasionally.
- Must have excellent skills with Microsoft software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.