Haldor Topsoe is an international company in rapid development. Our headquarter is based in Denmark, but the vast majority of our highly specialized catalysts and technologies are sold throughout the world. We now offer a position as a Technical Service Engineer in our Chemical Technical Service Group in the area of sulfuric acid catalyst.
You will provide technical support to our clients all over the world, in close cooperation with our account managers. Your work will include a variety of task within the fields of chemical engineering, catalysis and thermodynamic. Our catalyst products are highly specialized, and you will be offered extensive training, the opportunity to participate in relevant courses, and close collaboration with more experienced colleagues.
We offer you a position in an international company with excellent career and development prospects. You will work in an informal but ambitious atmosphere with a strong network of colleagues. We collaborate closely across the company and with our regional offices worldwide in an effort to meet our customers’ needs in the best possible way. The position as technical service engineer provides the opportunity to explore different cultures and develop cross-cultural understanding and cooperation skills.
- Provide technical assistance to our account managers and to customers worldwide
- Prepare technical quotations and reports for customers in close cooperation with account managers
- Advise customers on optimizing their operation and use of catalysts
- Provide specialized technical service and advise on catalyst loading and commissioning at customer sites
- Create effective cooperation across cultural and educational boundaries.
- have a flexible and solution-oriented way of approaching people and tasks
- demonstrate initiative as well as technical flair
- are committed to your work, strive to make a difference and take ownership of own tasks
- actively seek to strengthen your own knowledge related to the business
- have excellent communication and teamwork skills and thrive in cross-cultural contexts
- have a flair for troubleshooting
- are highly proficient in spoken and written English and are prepared to travel between 30 and 50 days per year on technical service trips.
You have a degree in chemical engineering, chemistry or similar. Applicants may be recent graduates or students expecting to graduate within a few months. The challenges we offer will match your level of experience.
Please contact Hiring Manager Johan Jönsson at JOHJ [at] topsoe.com if you want to know more about the position.
January 5, 2020
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2018, our revenue was approximately 890 million US dollars, and we employ some 2,200 employees. www.topsoe.com