Do you have a passion for public affairs management within the green transition? Are you self-propelled to plan and execute public affairs activities in Denmark and abroad? Can you make presentations and formulate position papers – then have a closer look.
Building on science and decades of experiences to perfect chemistry for a better world, Topsoe is determined to fight climate change and leave the world in a better shape for us and future generations. We have an ambitious vision to become a global leader within carbon emission reduction technologies by 2024.
Topsoe possess key enabling and innovative solutions and experience within Power-to-X, Bio-to-X, clean air and innovative batteries that place the family-owned company in a “pole position” to fight climate change by reducing our customers’ carbon footprint all around the world.
Topsoe is eager to execute Global Thought Leadership and influence framework conditions and regulation for a faster green transition. Hence, we are stepping-up our engagement in Public Affairs both in Denmark, the EU and internationally – having a predominantly global outlook as climate change has no boundaries.
As a Global Public Affairs Officer, you will be responsible for driving key processes and pursuing different avenues of influence, engaging with key decision-makers and stakeholders and representing Topsoe’s interests in various branch organizations, alliances and events. You will be working for our Director of Global Public Affairs Therese Bording Hermann on multiple public affairs tasks across the organization in close cooperation with commercial and technical staff.
We are on a mission to build a high-performing organization with a strong Thought Leadership and Public Affairs profile and you will be part of this exciting journey working at our headquarters in Lyngby with some of the most innovative solutions of our time.
- Represent Topsoe’s interests in selected Danish and European branch organizations, global alliances and workshops
- Prepare input and position papers on key drivers for Topsoe’s green transition such as FF55, REDII(I) and REPowerEU in interaction with in-house technical experts
- Make presentations on Topsoe’s green solutions to be used in various conferences, notably on Power-to-X and decarbonization of the harder-to-abate sectors in cooperation with in-house technical experts
- Mapping and assessment of relevant conferences and alliances relevant for Topsoe’s new core business
- Measure impact and value of Topsoe’s Public Affairs activities and out-reach
- Organize Public Affairs events in Denmark and abroad, i.e. COP side-events
- Assist in export promotion activities and in various conferences regarding Power-to-X, including incoming visits to Topsoe
- Contact point for Danish embassies regarding Topsoe’s strategic cooperation with the MFA
- Set-up internal communication platform regarding Public Affairs in Topsoe.
- are passioned about climate issues and Power-to-X
- are keen to understand and translate highly technical issues into political messages
- have a strategic mind-set with an eye for details
- possess great cooperation skills from working in larger companies or organizations
- are self-driven, proactive, operational and strive to make a difference
- organizing and executing events with a key sense of priority and deliverables
- thrive with responsibility and many activities at the same time
- are a people person and a good networker
- enjoy having a varied workday, including travels abroad
- have the ability to work efficient and effective in high pressure situations
- You hold a master’s degree in political science, economy, business or communication or equivalent competent studies
- Have at least 2 years of relevant experience within climate and energy issues and/or public affairs management preferably from a branch organization, a company or a ministry
- Insight into climate issues and Power-to-X is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Experience from working with EU affairs and EU regulation such as FF55 and RED II would be an advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English skills (EU language)
- Experience from working in a multi-cultural environment is a plus, but not a requirement
- Accustomed to make presentations in power point
- Digital savvy with social media skills
Have we caught your attention?
If so, please submit your application and CV in English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and references through our website www.topsoe.com.
Do not hesitate to contact Global Public Affairs Director Therese Bording Hermann +45 2777 3242 if you have any questions regarding the position.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
June 1, 2022
Topsoe is a global leader in developing green energy solutions and is heavily engaged in developing solutions for decarbonizing the hard-to-abate sectors, including steel, cement, chemicals, shipping, and aviation. Topsoe’s solutions produce essential renewable energy carriers, fuels, and chemicals of the future, such as green hydrogen, green ammonia, eMethanol, and eFuels. The company is headquartered in Denmark and serve customers around the globe. In 2021, our revenue was approx. DKK 6.2 billion with 2,100 employees. www.topsoe.com.