Do you want to influence and drive the ongoing development of a global HSE function in a rapidly evolving company with more than 80 years of history and the ambition to enable the energy transition towards a greener future? You will be leading the global Health & Safety Program Management for Topsoe. Topsoe is aspiring to become recognized as the global leader in carbon emission reduction technologies by 2024.
The Global Health & Safety Program Management Leader will report to VP, Environment Health Safety.
He or she will be responsible for developing a full strategic global H&S program management and executing consistent proactive strategies and programs that promote and enhance employee HSE for employees, customers and other stakeholders and appropriately respond to HSE related incidents.
You will become part of a dedicated and professional team of HSE professionals. You will work from our HQ in Lyngby in close collaboration with colleagues globally.
- Design and implement policies & procedures related to global health & safety risk management in accordance with Topsoe HSE Strategy 2021 – 2024
- Influence the Topsoe organisation to bring to life a Zero Harm mind-set
- Embed a full-scale top-down & bottom-up H&S risk management framework to facilitate an integrated risk management aligned with business priorities with clear routes for escalation and de-escalation.
- Ensure that Topsoe act with the expected and necessary urgency according to Topsoe Global Sustainability Initiatives
- Initiate and work within chosen / prioritised focus areas, projects and assignments (annual mission planning incl collaboration with Corporate Communication and other business and functional areas)
- Within Topsoe coordinate global and cross-organisational tools and reporting processes, data analytics, Benchmarking and horizon scanning
- Lead implementation of HSE training within corporate and local levels, new organisational parts and businesses
- Implement relevant HSE assurance and audit systems integrated with external system certification audits
- Actively support the ERP systems to ensure consistency with H&S Processes.
- ability to influence senior leadership and peers, to integrate global H&S to core business strategy, and lead cross-functional teams
- excellent cultural understanding and interest, good communication and presentation skills, Relationship building, organizational understanding
- role model for Topsoe values
- sound judgment and professionalism with the ability to make independent decisions, demonstrate a high level of initiative and pursue proactive approaches to problem-solving with consistent embodiment of Topsoe values in all interactions with associates and with others outside the company. Strong personal skills to handle a not solid but rapid changing business and HSE environment
- personal integrity, while communicating at all levels (External towards investors, Government Organizations, Business Units as well as internal in Topsoe)
- perform and deliver results through others (people, partners, organisation)
- willingness to travel internationally to support the global Topsoe Health & Safety program implementation.
- 15+ years of experience working across multiple domains of international health & safety management preferably in Process, Chemical, Fertilizer or Oil & Gas Industries
- At least 5 years of senior management and leadership experience, including coaching, consensus building, and ability to effectively manage resources to address competing priorities
- Ability to develop business cases to sponsor new development or support the requirement of additional resources
- Affinity for emerging market trends, and factors that combine to influence prioritization
- Proven ability to drive cohesion and collaboration among many diverse teams, individuals and functional groups
- Hands-on experience with health & safety related issues activities in JVs, project activities and operations
- Exceptional communications skills that enable the ability to function as a strategic subject matter expert to present complex concepts up to senior leadership levels
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
Preferably you have a relevant Degree in Engineering or Safety Sciences. CSP, NEBOSH or equivalent certification will be an advantage. Familiarity with LEAN tools is preferred.
Danish Language Proficiency is essential for this position.
Please contact Head of Global Commercial, Finance and Innovation HR, Thomas Kann Povelsen, email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to know more about the position.
May 15, 2022
Topsoe is a global leader in developing green energy solutions and is heavily engaged in developing solutions for decarbonizing the hard-to-abate sectors, including steel, cement, chemicals, shipping, and aviation. Topsoe’s solutions produce essential renewable energy carriers, fuels, and chemicals of the future, such as green hydrogen, green ammonia, eMethanol, and eFuels. The company is headquartered in Denmark and serve customers around the globe. In 2021, our revenue was approx. DKK 6.2 billion with 2,100 employees. www.topsoe.com.