On the list below you will find current available positions on our different locations.
We do not accept unsolicited applications. If you do not find a job matching your profile, we encourage you to visit again.
Mechanical Engineer - Refractory
Do you want to gain unique engineering knowledge while you travel the world and explore both destinations and technology?
“As part of our team, you will work on all levels of our mechanical solutions. You will be part of the Topsoe journey all the way from the design of proprietary equipment to the final site advising our customers at large scale chemical plants,” says Group Manager Nina Møhler.
Becoming true Topsoe specialists
We want to welcome you into one of the world’s leading catalyst companies. We are the global leader in technologies to produce clean transportation fuels as well as ammonia, methanol, and hydrogen - come and dive into our pool of knowledge. We are also growing fast into the exciting world of green and carbon emission reduction technologies.
As part of our proprietary hardware team in Lyngby, Denmark, you will work with all the different genres of the well-renowned Topsoe process. The majority of our team consist of Mechanical Engineers and Technicians with whom you will share thought and ideas.
But it is not just about the work process. Your future colleagues are genuinely interested in each other as well as their craftmanship. And if you want to involve yourself outside of the workplace, you can take part in one of Topsoe’s many social clubs.
Exploring the world of Topsoe
You will be working at the headquarter engineering office and travelling to destinations all over the world several times a year. Doing so, you are going to explore the world of Topsoes many complex technologies working with a range of interdisciplinary projects.
This means, that you will:
- Work with refractory design, engineering and procurement for Topsoe’ s proprietary Hardwares like waste heat boilers, ATR, secondary reformer etc. in various technologies such as ammonia, methanol, hydrogen, TIIGASTM etc. in close collaboration with Global Topsoe team
- Coordinate with suppliers and participate in refractory inspections and testing activities in workshop and sites
- Be required to travel frequently in workshops and sites for supervision during refractory installation for quality control
- Attend meetings with customers and suppliers to discuss refractory subjects
- Review supplier’s refractory drawings / documents
- Be involved in Kaizen activities and contribute to technical improvements in refractory engineering
- Assist in supplier sourcing.
You are deadline oriented and have an eye for details
You are both detail- and goal oriented. As a specialist, you know that advanced mechanical projects like ours must function in every way. But at the same time, you know how to get things done and can fulfill our customers wishes on time. You are eager and curious to keep improvements of design, workflow and products to match future demand.
Besides that, it is important to us, that you:
- have a B.Sc. or a M.Sc. in mechanical engineering
- have 2+ years of relevant experience in refractory design, engineering, procurement, inspections and site supervision
- have detailed knowledge of refractory products including castable Lining, Ceramic Fibre Lining and Insulation Brick Lining works.
- have good knowledge of international codes and standards applicable for Refractory and insulation is required
- have the will to travel frequently for both short- and long-term customer support
- speak and write English fluently
And it will be advantage if you:
• have API 936 certification and having good knowledge of NDT and welding would be given a preference
Apply by following the link below. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Group Manager Nina Møhler at +45 2527 6624.
October 5, 2022.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Topsoe is a global leader in developing green energy solutions and is heavily engaged in developing solutions for decarbonizing the hard-to-abate sectors, including steel, cement, chemicals, shipping, and aviation. Topsoe’s solutions produce essential renewable energy carriers, fuels, and chemicals of the future, such as green hydrogen, green ammonia, eMethanol, and eFuels. The company is headquartered in Denmark and serve customers around the globe. In 2021, our revenue was approx. DKK 6.2 billion with 2,100 employees. www.topsoe.com.