On the list below you will find current available positions on our different locations.
We do not accept unsolicited applications. If you do not find a job matching your profile, we encourage you to visit again.
Experienced Methanol Design Engineers
Do you want to be part of an international design team?
Topsoe is the leading global supplier of sustainable process technologies and catalysts for refineries, and chemical processing plants – a position achieved through a unique combination of research, process design, sales, and production. We have set out to be recognized as the global leader in carbon emission reduction technologies by 2024, a process speeded up by a lot of incoming blue- and green projects.
We are looking for experienced Process Engineers with design and operation experience within methanol technology to join the process chemicals department under the Global Supply organization. In this role you will work closely with leading technology experts in Global Supply, Power-to-X and R&D on state of the art process design, process control and start-up activities for methanol units globally. The positions are located at our headquarters in Lyngby, Denmark. You should expect 20-50 travel days per year.
Your area of responsibility will be:
- Process lead for a blue methanol, bio-methanol and e-methanol technology design packages.
- Process simulation, flowsheets, control philosophy, PIDs and operating manuals.
- Engineering design of process equipment, material selection, and input to instrumentation.
- Support to customers during PID review, HAZOP, operator training and start-ups.
- Handling of technical queries from customers during and after project execution.
- Coordination of project activities with all relevant internal and external stakeholders, such as project managers, licensing managers, technology experts, and customers.
- Cross-functional collaboration during project execution and on-site activities.
- Mentoring and training of colleagues globally.
- Facilitation of technical review meetings such as equipment and P&ID review.
- Contribution to knowledge sharing, lessons learned, and optimization of workflows.
- Option of supporting new green synthesis gas projects such as power-to-X.
You have a degree in Chemical Engineering and minimum 8 years of process design experience within methanol technology. Experience in start-ups and/or plant operation is a great advantage.
We are looking for personal drive and self-motivation. The ideal candidate can tick off the following:
- Expertise in process design as well as plant operation within methanol technology.
- Proficient in process simulation tools.
- Good knowledge of and interest in developing new process design and lay-outs.
- Share our ambition of delivering high quality engineering and state of the art on-site support to our clients.
- Proactively engage in continuous development to improve efficiency and competitiveness.
- Anticipate and balance the needs of multiple external and internal stakeholders.
- Thrive on global collaboration and enjoy networking.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Have a desire to work within a multicultural team and challenging environment.
- Flexibility to travel globally for site work, inspection and design meetings.
We look forward to your motivated application
Reach out to Group Manager, Kirsten Sandberg Bloch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and professional colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in English and enclose a copy of your references through our website www.topsoe.com.
It is very important that the application has a well drafted cover letter where you mention your motivation behind applying for this position, what difference you will bring to the team and why you are most suited for this role!
December 18, 2022.
We are looking forward to seeing your application as soon as possible.
Topsoe is a global leader in developing green energy solutions and is heavily engaged in developing solutions for decarbonizing the hard-to-abate sectors, including steel, cement, chemicals, shipping, and aviation. Topsoe’s solutions produce essential renewable energy carriers, fuels, and chemicals of the future, such as green hydrogen, green ammonia, eMethanol, and eFuels. The company is headquartered in Denmark and serve customers around the globe. In 2021, our revenue was approx. DKK 6.2 billion with 2,100 employees. www.topsoe.com.