On the list below you will find current available positions on our different locations.
We do not accept unsolicited applications. If you do not find a job matching your profile, we encourage you to visit again.
Mechanical Engineer / Product Developer to Support the Energy Transition
Would you like to join Topsoe on our ambitious and exciting path to become the global leader of carbon emission reduction technologies?
We are looking for a new colleague to join the R&D Mechanical Concepts group, where we develop proprietary equipment for Topsoe’s world leading technologies. Our core focus is equipment and technologies facilitating carbon emission reduction and the energy transition within Renewable Fuels and Clean Chemicals such as Green Hydrogen, Ammonia and Methanol.
We excel in market driven innovation, and your focus area will be development of proprietary equipment from proper need clarification through conceptualization to detailing and realization. The equipment can be reactors and other large/heavy components where aggressive operating environments with high pressures, temperatures and corrosive conditions provide uniquely interesting challenges.
We believe product development yields the best results when we work together in teams, building on each other’s strengths and in collaboration with business development and industry experts. However, it is also important that you are proactive and can work independently when it comes to planning, acquiring new knowledge and building networks. You will work with product developers having a background in process or mechanical engineering, and you will team up with experts within the fields of CFD, conceptual mechanical design and materials science.
- Development of proprietary equipment for Renewable Fuels and Clean Chemicals
- Planning and execution of test activities for equipment design or function of prototypes
- Inspections at workshops and discussions with vendors
- Technology transfer to Topsoe’s production engineering departments
- Trouble shooting and Root Cause Analysis
- As the department expert, advise and carry out advanced structural analysis (FEA and analytical).
- acknowledge that effective development work is based on thorough problem analysis and the identification of critical demands as well as criteria for the solution to be developed
- welcome other people’s new ideas and always strive for the best solution
- can detach yourself from the details, personal opinions and evaluate the bigger picture
- thrive in a challenging environment where you often do not know the immediate way forward
- often curiously investigate how a product has been made, which materials and fabrication processes were used and how it precisely works
- enjoy both analytical and practical work
- You are an experienced engineer with at least 5 years of product development experience
- You have a strong theoretical background in engineering disciplines and hold a master’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar.
- You are an expert in structural analysis both analytically and numerically (FEA) with a good understanding of heat transfer, fluid dynamics and materials science
- You are skilled in the use of product development methods
- You have a broad knowledge of manufacturing processes and are a skilled user of 3D CAD (preferably Inventor).
- You have good English skills, both verbally and written.
Please contact R&D Senior Manager Louise Jivan Shah, +45 22 75 45 05 if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of our skilled and dynamic development team in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume and enclose a copy of relevant diplomas and your references via our website www.topsoe.com
December 9, 2022.
Please note that applications will be evaluated continuously and that candidates with relevant skills and background will be invited for interviews from first day of posting.
Topsoe is a leading developer and provider of solutions and technologies to produce fuels and chemicals essential to the energy transition. For more than 80 years, we have been perfecting chemistry to help industries produce more efficiently. Today, it is our ambition to lead the global transition of heavy industry and transport to a zero-carbon future. In 2021, our revenue was approximately DKK 6.2 billion, and we employ around 2,100 employees.Topsoe is a global leader in developing green energy solutions and is heavily engaged in developing solutions for decarbonizing the hard-to-abate sectors, including steel, cement, chemicals, shipping, and aviation. Topsoe’s solutions produce essential renewable energy carriers, fuels, and chemicals of the future, such as green hydrogen, green ammonia, eMethanol, and eFuels. The company is headquartered in Denmark and serve customers around the globe. In 2021, our revenue was approx. DKK 6.2 billion with 2,100 employees. www.topsoe.com