On the list below you will find current available positions on our different locations.
We do not accept unsolicited applications. If you do not find a job matching your profile, we encourage you to visit again.
Licensing Manager - Hydroprocessing and Synfuels
At Topsoe we’re leading the way in decarbonization, by supplying technology, catalysts, and services for the worldwide energy transition. It's a journey through science that we began over 80 years ago, with a philosophy to question the limits of possibility and inspire others to think further. Today, we’re a community of over 2,000 problem solvers who are working together to find the answers to the world's biggest challenges. So, whether your expertise is in engineering, operations or broader business roles, we’re all united by a desire to go solve.
We are headquartered in Denmark and have offices and operations globally. Find out more at topsoe.com
Who we’re looking for
We are searching for new talent to join our growing business and to be part of our exciting journey.
We are now recruiting for a Licensing Manager to lead and manage a portfolio of license and technology sales opportunities in two key product lines globally:
- Hydroprocessing (HP) – Renewables and Conventional
- Synfuels (incl. GTL, TIGAS and eFuels
You will be part of Topsoe’s Global Commercial Clean Fuels and Chemicals division, reporting to our Snr. Director, joining a team 15 highly experienced licensing managers located globally.
To be successful in the job, you will need to bring an in-depth knowledge of the relevant technologies and the licensing commercial processes, including a good appreciation of the markets and industries within which these technologies are deployed.
You are able to interact with senior management level within your own organization and also with important decision makers in our customers’ organizations. You are willing to travel and operate across various time zones.
- Secure the relevant product line technology license, engineering, HW and 1st fill catalyst sales and revenues
- Grow the technology related business for relevant product lines in line with securable market share
- Develop commercial proposals and contracts for own technology sales
- Develop and recommend sales strategies for relevant product lines for both global and regional market
- Lead the technology sales opportunities in accordance with Topsoe sales processes
- Lead the preparation of competitive commercial offerings in consultation with relevant proposal managers, Product Line Directors, Account Managers, Global Supply engineers, Project Directors, etc.
- Be the “project manager” of the technology sales process and ‘owns’ the opportunity from when it has been identified to opportunity closure
- Input and manage Sales Force database to ensure registration and updating of own opportunities
- Manage technology related commercial contracts (incl. amendments and selected change orders) through the various stages of project development and execution, as and when required
- Support building customer network in local market and relevant industries
- Support local Sales Offices and Account Managers to secure and maintain priority agreements
- Present and market Topsoe’s technology and commercial offerings at conferences and seminars
What you’ll bring
You have in-depth technical knowledge of Topsoe and/or competitor Hydroprocessing and Synfuels (incl. GTL, BTL, WTL, TIGAS and eFuels) technologies and related hardware, service, and catalyst product offerings, and you can tick the following:
• Knowledge of digital solution platforms
• Strong understanding of the commercial propositions (price, gross margin, mark-ups, rates etc.)
• Understanding of relevant market drivers (feedstock and product prices)
• Superior commercial knowledge about proposal strategy, and contract details etc.
• Strong negotiation skills
• Good communication skills
• Working knowledge of relevant technology licensing principles
• Understanding of company’s legal frameworks and guidelines
• Customer knowledge and focus
• Strong people leadership skill
• Mentoring and coaching skills
You have a relevant BSc / MSc Engineering incl. Business Management degree.
Why join us
Topsoe offers you the opportunity to join a highly motivated team working with cutting edge technology in the process engineering industry. You will be ideally based in our head office in Denmark, although other select locations may also be considered.
How you can apply
Please contact Eric Van de Venter, Snr Licensing Dir, at EGVV@topsoe.com if you want to know more about the position.
Deadline: March 26, 2023
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and professional colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in English and enclose a copy of your references through our website www.topsoe.com.
We review applications as they come in, so please submit you application as soon as possible, if you are interested in the job.