Topsoe is an international company with headquarters based in Denmark, but the vast majority of our highly specialized catalysts and products are sold to industrial plants throughout the world.
Our U.S. Bayport plant is located on the Bayport industrial complex in Pasadena, Texas. The Lab Technician position will require working a rotating shift called the Dupont shift. This position directly supports the production units by conducting chemical and physical tests of routine and non-routine samples and analysing test data to support production units and ensure final products meet all quality requirements.
- Communicate out of spec product results to production in a timely manner and isolate nonconforming product according to quality policy.
- Receive raw materials into SAP and test according to sample plan to ensure materials meet all quality requirements and notify appropriate departments in a timely manner for dispensation if required.
- Ensure all instruments are calibrated according to quality procedure and initiate nonconformances when necessary.
- Maintain and troubleshoot laboratory equipment, notifying supervision as soon as issues arise.
- Support laboratory compliance to ISO standards and work within established policies and procedures.
- Receive customer samples into Lab database, analyze samples and communicate results to sales team in a timely manner.
- Must comply with safety policies and procedures while performing daily tasks in the lab and throughout the facility.
- Assist in method development and implementation of new laboratory equipment and analytical methods.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member to meet company and departmental goals.
- Must have the ability to multitask and communicate to all stakeholders as requested.
- Requires 2 years of college, preferably toward Chemistry degree (or equivalent experience).
- Requires 1-2 years of experience, preferably in a quality control laboratory.
- Strong computer skills, experience using Excel and SAP preferred.
- Must be able to work 12-hour rotating shifts.
- Must be available for call outs as needed for additional coverage