On the list below you will find current available positions on our different locations.
We do not accept unsolicited applications. If you do not find a job matching your profile, we encourage you to visit again.
PROCESS ENGINEER W/ START UP EXPERIENCE
PROCESS ENGINEER W/ START UP EXPERIENCE
Do you share our ambition to combat climate change by helping our partners and customers achieve their decarbonization and emission-reduction targets? From carbon reduction chemicals to renewable fuels and plastic upcycling, we are uniquely positioned to aid humanity in realizing a sustainable future. We have a mission to establish Topsoe as a leading player in sustainable aviation fuels (SAF) to be recognized as the global leader in carbon emission reduction technologies by 2024. The portfolio of technologies include PurestepTM, eFuels, HydroflexTM, Green Ammonia, Green Hydrogen, Blue Hydrogen, Blue Ammonia, Power to X, Electrolysis and Bio-methanol.
We are looking for an experienced process engineer to join our team of dedicated design engineers and specialists. You will work closely with highly competent engineers in Power-to-X, Global Supply and R&D on state of the art process design, process control, commissioning and operation activities for modularized chemical plants in industrial facilities worldwide. You should expect 100-150 days of site activities per year. The open position is at our office in Houston, with reporting towards Power-to-X division in our headquarters at Lyngby in Denmark.
Your area of responsibility will be:
- Perform the pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up of the modular plants as lead start-up advisor.
- Support customers in operation, root cause analysis and troubleshooting of the plant.
- Support customers on-site during P&ID review, HAZOP and operator training.
- Handle technical queries from clients during and after project execution and start-up.
- Participate in high quality execution and timely delivery of design documents (process simulation, PFD, MSD, P&IDs, process control philosophy, equipment specifications, instrumentation inputs and operating manuals).
- Coordinate project activities with all relevant internal and external stakeholders, such as Job Engineers, Project Managers, Licensing Managers, technology experts, and customers.
- Collaborate cross-functionally during project execution and on-site activities.
- Mentor and train colleagues globally.
- Facilitate of knowledge sharing, and lessons learned.
- Contribute to optimization of workflows.
You have a degree in Chemical Engineering and a minimum of 8 years of plant commissioning and operation experience within chemical technologies. Troubleshooting and root cause analysis experience will be an added advantage.
We are looking for personal drive and self-motivation. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Solid understanding and insight in commissioning, start-up and operation of modularized chemical technology plants.
- Experience in process design of oil and gas technology units.
- Experience in P&ID check, pre-commissioning activities, refractory dry out, etc.
- Good knowledge of and interest in systematic problem solving, root cause analysis and trouble shooting.
- Understand the process and / or equipment functionality well in relation to the industry and further downstream upgrading.
- Share our ambition of delivering high quality engineering and state of the art on-site support to our clients.
- Proactively engage in continuous development to improve efficiency and competitiveness.
- Anticipate and balance the needs of multiple external and internal stakeholders.
- Relate well to customers pains and needs and provides solution for the same.
- Deliver results under difficult circumstances in-line with vision and mission.
- Thrive on global collaboration and enjoy networking.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Have a desire to work within a multicultural team and challenging environment.
- Willing to travel globally for on-site activities and design jobs.