On the list below you will find current available positions on our different locations.
We do not accept unsolicited applications. If you do not find a job matching your profile, we encourage you to visit again.
Technical Service Engineer 2023
Technical Service Engineer
Topsoe is an international company in rapid development. Headquarters are based in Denmark, but the vast majority of our highly specialized catalysts and products are sold to industrial plants throughout the world.
We now offer a position at Topsoe US office (HTI) located on the southeast side of Houston in the Clear Lake City area as Senior Technical Service Engineer. The role is responsible mainly for the North America region, where we support the sale of catalysts and technologies that can help our clients in producing clean fuels based on either renewable or fossil feedstocks.
As a Senior Technical Service Engineer you will be involved in the technical part of the catalyst sales process preparing technical proposals for our clients' hydroprocessing units, and analyzing the performance of these industrial plants and do the associated reporting. You may participate in internal projects to improve our calculation tools and be part of project teams to improve internal technical guidelines for fossils applications. You will be part of a multicultural team that also provides specialized technical services on-site at our refinery clients' premises with focus on their hydroprocessing units. You will be in a continuous dialogue with refineries to provide solutions and required support to their hydroprocessing needs, which includes client visits with account managers. You may also participate as speaker in seminars, external training courses and webinars.
We focus on continuous learning and development of our employees. You will therefore be offered extensive on-the-job training depending on your level of experience. You will participate in relevant courses to promote your development as well as close collaboration with more experienced colleagues. Frequent travel will give you the opportunity to explore diverse cultures and develop cross-cultural understanding and cooperation skills. You will join a team where you will utilize or develop process experience and gain knowledge about our catalysts enabling you to support our clients.
- Prepare technical proposals and reports for clients in close cooperation with Account Managers
- Advise clients on optimizing their operation and use of catalysts
- Support our Account Managers in technical meetings
- Supervise catalyst loading and unit start-up at refineries
- Create effective cooperation across cultural and educational boundaries
- Travel between 25-30% of the time per year which includes on-site jobs and client visit with sales manager.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering
- Data analytic oriented
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Office tools with special emphasis on Excel
- Positive and personable attitude.
- Have a flexible and solution-oriented way of approaching people and tasks
- Demonstrate initiative as well as technical flair
- Are committed to your work, strive to make a difference and take ownership of own tasks
- Actively seek to strengthen your own knowledge related to the business
- Have excellent communication and teamwork skills and thrive in cross-cultural contexts
- Have flair for troubleshooting
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
You have a degree in chemical engineering. Preferably you have more than 3 years process experience from the refining industry within Hydroprocessing or other relevant experience, but this is not a mandatory requirement. The challenges we offer will match your level of experience.