On the list below you will find current available positions on our different locations.
We do not accept unsolicited applications. If you do not find a job matching your profile, we encourage you to visit again.
Process Engineer (Chemical Technologies)
Process Engineer (Chemical Technologies)
At Topsoe we're leading the way in decarbonization, by supplying technology, catalysts, and services for the worldwide energy transition. It's a journey through science that we began over 80 years ago, with a philosophy to question the limits of possibility and inspire others to think further. Today, we're a community of over 2,000 problem solvers who are working together to find the answers to the world's biggest challenges. So, whether your expertise is in engineering, operations or broader business roles, we're all united by a desire to go solve.
We are looking for experienced process engineers to join our team of dedicated process design engineers. In this role you will work closely with leading technology experts on state of the art process design, process control and start-up activities for ammonia, methanol and hydrogen units globally. You should expect an average of 50-70 days of site activities per year.
We are headquartered in Denmark and have offices and operations globally. The open position is at our office in Houston, with reporting towards the Process, Instrumentation and Electrical department of our Global Supply organization.
Your area of responsibility will be:
- Perform the pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up of ammonia, methanol, hydrogen and other chemical technology plants as lead start-up advisor.
- Participate in high quality execution and timely delivery of design documents (process simulation, PFD, MSD, P&IDs, process control philosophy, equipment specifications, instrumentation inputs and operating manuals).
- Support customers on-site during P&ID review, HAZOP and operator training.
- Handle technical queries from clients during and after project execution and start-up.
- Coordinate project activities with all relevant internal and external stakeholders, such as Job Engineers, Project Managers, Licensing Managers, technology experts, and customers.
- Collaborate cross-functionally during project execution and on-site activities.
- Aware of contractual deadlines and delivery schedule and can make the plan to deliver on time and within budget.
- Mentor and train colleagues globally.
- Facilitate of knowledge sharing, and lessons learned.
- Contribute to optimization of workflows.
You have a degree in Chemical Engineering and a minimum of 8 years of experience, which includes 5 years of plant commissioning and operation experience within chemical technologies. Design of chemical technology plant experience will be an added advantage.
We are looking for personal drive and self-motivation. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Solid understanding and insight in commissioning, start-up and operation of chemical technology plants.
- Experience in process design of chemical technology units.
- Experience in P&ID check, pre-commissioning activities, refractory dry out, etc.
- Good knowledge of and interest in systematic problem solving, root cause analysis and trouble shooting.
- Understand the process and / or equipment functionality well in relation to the industry and further downstream upgrading.
- Understand the detailed engineering discipline and requirements and how basic engineering output is used in the EPC phase of a project.
- Share our ambition of delivering high quality engineering and state of the art on-site support to our clients.
- Proactively engage in continuous development to improve efficiency and competitiveness.
- Anticipate and balance the needs of multiple external and internal stakeholders.
- Relate well to customers pains and needs and provides solution for the same.
- Deliver results under difficult circumstances in-line with vision and mission.
- Thrive on global collaboration and enjoy networking.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Have a desire to work within a multicultural team and challenging environment.
- Willing to travel globally for on-site activities and design jobs.