On the list below you will find current available positions on our different locations.
We do not accept unsolicited applications. If you do not find a job matching your profile, we encourage you to visit again.
Global Procurement - Senior Category Manager - Pasadena, Texas
Global Procurement - Senior Category Manager - Pasadena TX
Senior Category Manager - PtX Categories
We are looking for a passionate and highly skilled Senior Category Manager for our PtX categories.
At Topsoe we're leading the way in decarbonization, by supplying technology, catalysts, and services for the worldwide energy transition. It's a journey through science that we began over 80 years ago, with a philosophy to question the limits of possibility and inspire others to think further. Today, we're a community of over 2,000 problem solvers who are working together to find the answers to the world's biggest challenges. So, whether your expertise is in engineering, operations, or broader business roles, we're all united by a desire to go solve.
We are headquartered in Denmark and have offices and operations globally. Find out more at topsoe.com
This position is located at our facility in Pasadena area on the southeast side of Houston, Texas.
Why join us
Topsoe is going through a green transition and is growing fast within the exciting world of green and carbon emission reduction technologies. Our ambitious goal is to be the industry leader in carbon emission reduction technologies by 2024. Therefore, we need even more talented, driven, and passionate employees to drive that change!
So, if you think you have what it takes, to put those skills to the test in a global industry leader in technologies to produce clean transportation fuels as well as ammonia, methanol, and hydrogen - come and be a part of our exciting journey!
Who we're looking for
Global Procurement is Topsoe's centralized procurement unit with global responsibility, and we now offer a position as Senior Category Manager for PtX categories. You will be part of Project Procurement with 25 motivated employees, that in collaboration with colleagues from Raw Material and Indirect, deliver strong and sustainable results to Topsoe.
We have the responsibility to initiate, govern and implement efficient and effective procurement activities across Topsoe. We have a strong focus on continuously improving our cost picture, ensuring fitting and sufficient suppliers, as well as adding value to our stakeholders to free up resources for exciting and significant growth opportunities in our company. Category Management is a key process to sustain our way of working. We are focused on becoming a best-in-class procurement team using category management, a proactive approach towards our stakeholders, and ambitious goals for our value contribution to Topsoe.
In this position as Senior Category Manager for our PtX categories you will be responsible for handling Tier 1 and 2 suppliers fabricating large quantities of standardized technical categories often using assembly lines or automation technology, you will be addressing a significant part of Topsoe's project spending and will collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
Your main areas of responsibility will be:
- Drive category planning, - management and accompanying sourcing strategies
- Responsible for supplier segmentation and global supply base within own categories
- Drive global cost competitive supplier sourcing projects ensuring a global supply base
- Drive and negotiate strategic and partnership agreement within own categories
- Identify and drive category management projects - ensuring results on tangibles, total cost perspectives and risk avoidance, supporting the business requirement and plan from global commercial
- Evaluate the business relevance and priority of saving initiatives considering current and forecasted local business demand
- Develop a network of key category stakeholders for effective implementation of souring initiatives
- Own the relationship to key suppliers and develop them into strategic suppliers or partners to enable advanced initiatives, i.e., key contact on CEO level, capacity and frame agreements focusing on supplier relationship management
- Collaboration with lead buyers to ensure use of qualified and potential suppliers in our project execution
- Ensure that own categories are systematically captured around pre-and post-evaluation of sustainability measures and issues within economy, social responsibility, environment, and business integrity - all according to implemented Topsoe standards.
What you'll bring
Working with different stakeholders on all levels as well as global suppliers, requires good communication skills and teamworking abilities. A keen understanding of project processes and experience with category management work is therefore a huge advantage.
- Experience working with serial automotive Tier 1 and 2 suppliers
- Experience in handling 2 or 3 digit million spending
- Have proven competencies and experience in driving cross-functional projects and herein getting the message and results through
- You hold a Bachelors- or Masters degree or possess counterbalanced experience from the industry
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of procurement and global sourcing every day
- Have excellent commercial/financial understanding
- Know what value procurement can add to stakeholders and can easily explain it
- Have solid category and project management experience within automotive industry
- Have 3-5 years of experience from a regional/international organization, within category management and can document results from similar positions
- Have a solid knowledge of supplier market for complex technical categories.
- You are a team player and have a positive mindset
- Excellent cooperation skills and a proactive can-do attitude
- You are social, outgoing, and great at building strong relations
- Are self-driven, enjoy challenging the status-quo and thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Enjoy working with stakeholders in all parts of the organization, and stakeholders enjoy working with you
You are decisive and take responsibility.