The Topsoe Bayonet Reformer TBR combines the novel properties of convection and radiant heat transfer in one steam reformer.
The development and introduction of the TBR is a result of Topsoe’s continuous striving towards more energy efficient ways of producing hydrogen by steam reforming of hydrocarbon feed stocks.
- TBR consists of bayonet reformer tubes in a furnace box heated by radiant wall burners
- TBR provides hydrogen production with minimum hydrocarbon consumption and low steam export
- TBR is environmental friendly with low fuel consumption, low NOx and CO2 emissions
- Improved heat utilization in the TBR, significantly reduces the amount of burners, while maintaining the unique possibility of adjusting the tube temperature profile
- TBR operates at high heat fluxes providing capital cost savings for medium to large hydrogen plants