We are looking for a new colleague to join the R&D Hardware Development group, where we work with the development of new proprietary equipment. We focus both on equipment which is suited for the transition to the Power-to-X reality of tomorrow as well as for use in the more classical petrochemical Industry, refineries, and the environmental sector. Sustainability is on the strategic agenda in Topsoe - with the purpose of Perfecting Chemistry for a better world and a vision of being recognized as the global leader in carbon emission reduction technologies by 2024.
We excel in market driven innovation in a global organization, and your focus area will be development of novel hardware equipment from proper need clarification through conceptualization to detailing and realization. The equipment can be reactors and other large/heavy components where the operation environment with high pressures, high temperatures, and corrosive conditions provides interesting challenges. Additionally, we develop tools, equipment, and methods for efficient filling of catalyst pellets into reactors.
You will work with product developers having a background in process or mechanical engineering, and you will team up with experts within the fields of CFD, FEM and materials science.
We believe product development yields the best results when we work together in teams, building on each other’s strengths. However, it is also important that you are proactive and work independently when it comes to planning, acquiring new knowledge and building networks.
- Development of equipment and work methods for use in the industry
- Implementation of new technology at customer’s sites
- Planning and execution of test activities to gain knowledge needed for equipment design or function of prototypes
- Trouble shooting and root cause analysis.
- are aware that effective development work is based on understanding the market needs, thorough problem analysis, and the identification of critical demands as well as criteria for the solution to be developed
- understand that a good developer is objective, welcome other people’s new ideas and always strive for the best solution
- often curiously investigate how a product has been made, which materials and fabrication processes were used and how it precisely works
- often ask “How can this be done smarter?” rather than “How is this done?”
- are passionate about development work and see opportunities instead of limitations
- thrive in a challenging environment where you often do not know the immediate way forward
- Switch seamlessly between being analytical and practical.
- You have a strong theoretical background in engineering disciplines and hold a master’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar
- You are skilled in the use of product development methods with a good knowledge of heat transfer, structural mechanics, fluid mechanics and materials science
- You have a broad knowledge of manufacturing processes – both traditional and advanced and are a skilled user of 3D CAD
- Both experienced and newly graduated are welcome to apply, as we can offer you challenges on both levels
- Excellent English skills both verbal and written are required.
Please contact Fellow Søren Gyde Thomsen, +45 2275 4339 if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of our skilled and dynamic development team in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume and enclose a copy of relevant diplomas and your references via our website www.topsoe.com
June 20, 2021.
Please note that applications will be evaluated continuously and that candidates with relevant skills and background will be invited for interviews from first day of posting.
Haldor Topsoe is a global leader in supply of catalysts, technology, and services to the chemical and refining industries. Topsoe aims to be the global leader within carbon emission reduction technologies by 2024. By perfecting chemistry for a better world, we enable our customers to succeed in the transition towards renewable energy. Topsoe is headquartered in Denmark and serves customers around the globe. In 2020, our revenue was approximately DKK 6.2 billion, and we employ around 2,100 employees. www.topsoe.com