Haldor Topsoe has embarked on an ambitious growth journey with the purpose of perfecting chemistry for a better world. Headquarters are based in Denmark, but the vast majority of our highly specialized catalysts and technologies are sold throughout the world. We now offer a position as a Mechanical Engineer in our global Spare Parts & Services Agreements department.
Our mechanical engineer act as support for spare parts sales, primarily within our technologies of Wet Sulfuric Acid (WSA) and Chemicals. This means that you will use your experience from the industry to support your colleagues within service and sales in the Global Commercial organization.
Your work will include a variety of task within the fields of mechanical engineering. Our spare parts products are highly specialized, and you will be offered an environment where you can continue to develop expertise. You will be exposed to relevant tasks, training, the opportunity to participate in relevant courses and to work with other experts. An important part of the job is to participate in execution of our installation services on site and as well as inspections, so you can expect some travel activities.
We offer a position in an international company with excellent career and development prospects. You will work in an informal but ambitious atmosphere with a strong network of colleagues. We collaborate closely across the company and with our colleagues worldwide in an effort to meet our customers' needs in the best possible way. The position as mechanical engineer provides the opportunity to specialize in a variation of products and develop cross-cultural understanding and cooperation skills.
- Prepare request for bids package for sub-vendors for spare parts
- Review drawings of equipment for spare parts
- Go to customers during turn-around and provide advisory assistance for onsite installations for sulphuric acid plants
- Visit customers for inspections during turn-arounds
- Inspections at sub-vendors
- Participate in customer meetings as mechanical expert to support service or troubleshooting meetings
- Act as an expert within your area of expertise and support colleagues in troubleshooting cases.
- have a flexible and solution-oriented way of approaching people and tasks
- demonstrate initiative as well as technical flair and commercial understanding
- are committed to your work, strive to make a difference and take ownership of own tasks
- can prioritize and focus on the most important task at hand
- are able to have juggle many tasks and easily cope with sudden change of priorities
- have excellent communication skills and is highly proficient in spoken and written English
- enjoy teamwork and thrive in cross-cultural contexts
- are willing to travel between 60-100 days a year
You have a degree in mechanical engineering or similar. You have some years of industry experience, working within an international company.
If you want to know more about the position, please contact Head of Spare Parts and Service Agreements, Technical Sales and Service, Andreas Møgelhøj, E-mail: email@example.com
Would you like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organization? Then submit your application and resume in English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and references.
August 9, 2021
Haldor Topsoe is a global leader in supply of catalysts, technology, and services to the chemical and refining industries. Topsoe aims to be the global leader within carbon emission reduction technologies by 2024. By perfecting chemistry for a better world, we enable our customers to succeed in the transition towards renewable energy. Topsoe is headquartered in Denmark and serves customers around the globe. In 2020, our revenue was approximately DKK 6.2 billion, and we employ around 2,100 employees. www.topsoe.com