Steam reforming is right at the heart of your plant, and the performance of your steam reformer has a direct impact on your overall plant performance and, ultimately, your bottom line.
Topsoe’s Steam Reformer Assessment/Optimization service is a proven means of ensuring optimal performance and profitability. The service involves a thorough analysis of process, catalyst and flue gas sides, examining factors such as:
- Conditions in the radiant chamber
- Interaction between the radiant chamber and heat transfer to the tube
- Heat consumed by reactions inside the tube
- Conditions inside the tubes
- Catalyst activity
- Heat going to the waste heat section
The aim is to generate detailed insight into performance at your plant, and to use this to trim your reformer to ensure consistently efficient, stable and high-throughput operation.
What’s in it for you
A Steam Reformer Assessment/Optimization can help you:
- Adhere to design limits
- Identify bottlenecks
- Save energy and resources
- Increase tube lifetime
- Optimize normal operations