Haldor Topsoe is an international company in rapid development. Our headquarters are in Denmark, but the vast majority of our highly specialized catalysts and products are sold to industrial plants throughout the world.
We offer a position as a Senior Catalyst Engineer in our Global Refinery Technical Service Group, where we support the sale of catalysts and technologies helping our customers in producing environmentally friendly fuels to lower the impact on the environment from the utilization of hydrocarbon based fuels.
As a Senior Catalyst Engineer you will be involved in the technical part of the sales process, making technical proposals and performance evaluations as well as modelling to improve our calculation tools. You will be in a continuous dialogue with refineries worldwide to provide solutions to their hydroprocessing needs in a multicultural collaboration and specialized technical service on-site with focus on hydroprocessing units. You will collaborate closely with more than 50 dedicated colleagues from our regional offices, but also be included in the training to improve their skills.
We focus on continuous development of our employees and we offer extensive training according to your level of experience. You will participate in relevant courses to promote your development as well as collaborate with more experienced colleagues. Frequent travels will give you the opportunity to explore diverse cultures and develop cross-cultural understanding and cooperation skills. When you join this team, you will be able to use your process experience and gain knowledge about our catalysts, thus enabling you to support our customers on a global scale.
- Prepare technical quotations and reports for customers in close cooperation with Account Managers
- Advise customers on optimization of their operation and use of catalysts
- Participate as expert in seminars and meetings with customers
- Support our Account Managers in technical meetings
- Occasionally supervise catalyst installation and reactor start-up at refineries worldwide
- Create effective cooperation across cultural and educational boundaries
- Travel 40 to 60 days per year on technical service trips with a duration of typically one to two weeks
- Participate in the development of new calculation tools and correlations.
- have a flexible and solution-oriented way of approaching people and tasks
- demonstrate initiative as well as technical flair
- have a good understanding of refinery processes
- are committed to your work and strive to make a difference
- take ownership of own tasks and have flair for troubleshooting
- actively seek to strengthen your own knowledge related to the business
- have excellent communication and teamwork skills
- thrive in dynamic environment in a cross-cultural context.
You have a degree in chemical engineering, chemistry or similar, and you have process experience from the refinery industry or an affiliated sector such as process licensing, catalyst or equipment supply.
You are highly proficient in English, spoken as well as written. It is an advantage if you have expert skills within Excel and VBA/JAVA-programming.
The challenges we offer will match your level of experience.
August 5, 2019
If you would like to be part of our team and work in a dynamic organization with talented colleagues, please submit your application and resume in English and enclose a copy of your latest exam certificates and any references. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please feel free to contact Director, Karen Margrethe Juul Hansen at KAMJ [at] topsoe.com if you want to know more about the position.
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2018, our revenue was approximately 890 million US dollars, and we employ some 2,200 employees.