Maintains and repairs machinery and equipment as member of the Maintenance Department in a way that promotes reliability through Precision Maintenance and the pursuit of a Safe and Environmental incident-free work place.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Follows all necessary safety procedures and practices to verify that equipment is isolated, cleared, and permitted prior to starting work.
2) Participates in the execution of the scheduled work plan by:
3) Notifies the equipment owner within 15 minutes of completing the job to make sure equipment can be turned over to production without unnecessary delays.
4) Completes task in a safe, timely fashion, then reviews the job with the equipment owner and signs off the permit.
5) Ensures all tools and materials are returned, and the repairable parts process is initiated.
6) Returns repairable, decontaminated part to Stores and provides all necessary paperwork so that the part can be reversed off the work order and put into the broken bin for repair.
7) Returns all unused stock material to Stores so that they can be reversed off the work order and returned to Stores inventory.
8) Participates in the identification and implementation of reliability driven improvements.
9) Responds to priority 1 and 2 jobs as directed by maintenance supervision with the appropriate sense of urgency to minimize impact to process units.
10) Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
11) Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with Operators, Supervisors and/or other maintenance employees to diagnose problem or repair machine.
12) Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
13) Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
14) Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, backhoe, picker, drill, milling machine and welding machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
15) Performs carpentry work and preventative maintenance.
16) Perform material and machine inspections using precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, rules, calipers, protractors, and torque wrenches. Determine if tolerances have been met and entering data found into the CMMS.